The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: High Flow Cats

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

High Flow Cats

Anyone have a High flow cat installed without headers? If so, what brand do you have? Did you notice improvement of flow or HP? I'm lookingi into experimenting with this, since it's not too much $$.
    1999 2.4l
    - AEM Short Ram with Blitz Sonic Air Filter
    - Magnecore Wires & Denso Iridium Plugs
    - Throttle Body rebored by ProFlow
    - Throttle Body Coolant Bypass
    - Throttle Cable adjustment
    - Freedom Design Strut Bar
    - Tein Springs
    - KYB AGX setting 1
    Exterior:
    - 2nd Gen JDM Tails
    - New rear 02 Molding
    - Debadged Mitsubishi lettering

I don't think it would buy you much performance if any if you don't have the other major parts in the I/H/E equation. Just like bored out TB would not do much for you if you don't have intake, DP/header, and exhaust.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

b-boy_sky
    If you put on just a high flow cat with your stock down pipe then you'll need to weld on another flange to the down pipe but it's not really worth it unless you have more upgrades....

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    i agree with TJC, u need the other mods to put on the HFC.. the whole point of it is to make sure u getting good flow from ur intake, through the headers, and then out the exhaust if u just have the HFC and stock everyrhing else ur not going to gain hardly anything, it would be a waste.. Get the intake and at least the exhaust done then worry about the HFC..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

TGC Regular
    allrighty got a question my friend has headers and a 2.25 piping and a exhaust i asked if he got a high flow cat he said he didnt need one since the piping is so much bigger than stock my question is is he right ? or could you free some more power up with a highflow cat with his setup?
    - Atba

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ghost Beat)</div><div class='quotemain'>allrighty got a question my friend has headers and a 2.25 piping and a exhaust i asked if he got a high flow cat he said he didnt need one since the piping is so much bigger than stock my question is is he right ? or could you free some more power up with a highflow cat with his setup?</div>

he could definately free up some power with the HFC.. having bigger pipping all the way to the cat doesnt make any differnce, all the resonators within the catalytic converter slow down the exhaust flow.. I would get the HFC to free up the exhaust flow from all the crap in the cat.
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Galant01
    I had my high flow cat. I just have a CAI and a custom cat back. My local shop had to weld another flange. I didn't feel a difference but it did make my exhaust deeper.

Will a HFC pass through emmisions(sp)? Ordered one but want to know if I had to switch to stock cat in order to pass the emmisions test given every 2 years?
    Chapin y Boriqua que mezcla