The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Installing Tft Lcd Sunvisor Monitors In 99 Galant...

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    TRooF

Installing Tft Lcd Sunvisor Monitors In 99 Galant...

I Am New To The Galant Forum And I Recently Purchased a ViewTech Tft Lcd Sunvisor Monitor Similar To This One:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-SETS-8-0-LCD-TFT-TV-...1QQcmdZViewItem

I Was Wondering If Someone Can Give Me a Descriptive Tutorial On How To Install Them...

Thanks In Advance...

Re: Installing Tft Lcd Sunvisor Monitors In 99 Galant...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TRooF)</div><div class='quotemain'>I Am New To The Galant Forum And I Recently Purchased a ViewTech Tft Lcd Sunvisor Monitor Similar To This One:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-SETS-8-0-LCD-TFT-TV-...1QQcmdZViewItem

I Was Wondering If Someone Can Give Me a Descriptive Tutorial On How To Install Them... Â*

Thanks In Advance...</div>

What exactly do you need to know? Those are very easy! Take your stock visors out, run the wire down the pilar and mount the new ones! Not much too it.

TRooF
    See I Havent Installed Electronics In Cars Before But Im Good With Computers And Home Electronics... So I Dont Know Where To Start With These Wires...

ok thats not that hard wither. Im sure it comes with 1 black wire and it brakes off into a few more right? you should have a Yellow RCA- which is your video input. Next there is a Red wire- connect this to an ignition source that way it turns off when you turn the car off. and finally the black wire- which is ground. The only hard part your gonna have is finding the ignition wire. But if you have an aftermarket radio you can get that right behind the radio.

TRooF
    Thanks... Ima Just Get One Of My Friends To Read Your Reply Because They're Alot Better Wit Cars Then Me Cause I Dont Know Where To Start With Trying To Hide The Wires...

Another Question...

My XO VISION Car Dvd Player Head Unit Doesnt Come In Til Wensday... And I Want To Make Sure These Screens Work Before Then... Is There A Way I Can Hook The Monitors Up To My Radio Which Is The Dual 55W x 4 XM-Ready CD Deck...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp;js...d=1099397002981

Just Temporarily And If I Could What Will They Display?

all you can really test is if they turn on or not. The head unit you have now does not have a video output so you wont be able to test video on the screens.

off topic but just wanted to say welcome to TGC. what part of Jersey are you from? And you should check out the East Coast owners section and see what's going on and coming up in the area
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Welcome to the wonderful world of Funness. TO answer your question more than likely when you power up the screens without a video source hooked to them they'll display "no signal" or a blue screen. Oh might want to get a better radio no offense, but I have to swap out at least one of those things a week because of burned out motors or no display.
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.

if you have an extension cord, you can run one from your house to your car and hook up a dvd player, vcr, playstation and use that as your video source. then grab power for the visors from the car. but i'd do all that before you install. i mean there's no point of installing something that doesn't work.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    yea installing the visors are very simple i did it in under 2 hrs took a little over a half hour each put the wire through the hole i have mine powered at the cig lighter so you splice into that then there are a bunch of bolts under the shifter assembly near the wire ground it off there

to hide the wires pop out you a pilar down the windshield it held in by clips
    run the wires down that i went through the round wood things so it wouldnt be interfering with any of the clips when i was popping it back in

then go behind the weather trrimming there is enough space to stick it back there and have it fold back to where it was then go under the carpet to the center console where you supply power etc. and run the rcas to behind the dvd player you may need a y splitter etc depending on your dvd player or an extension cord rca any audio rca should work fine if you cant find a video splitter

TRooF
    Thanks Alot For All The Replies They Helped Out Alot... Im Juss Wait Til Wensday When My Head Unit Comes In... Then Ima Get One Of My Friends To Read All The Replies And We'll Go From There... You Said You Got Yours Runnin Through The Cig Lighter... Thats Another Problem When I Bought The Car The Cig Lighter Didnt Even Work... Im Hopin Its Just A Fuse... Ima Have To Take A Look At That Too...

BTW: Im From Willingboro Nj Which Is South Jersey... And I Will Look Into The East Coast Meetings Once I Get My Galant Up To Par... It Needs A Little Engine Work Because My Engine Sounds Like A Bus Engine... And I Need A Paint Job And Some Rims... Ima Take A Look At A Few Of The Galants On This Forum To Get Some Ideas But Right Now Im Leaning Towards Jet Black Wit Silver Details And Trim, So That I Can Do The Black Rims Wit The Silver Trimming... Any Suggestions Are Welcome... Ima Fan Of Black Rims Right Now My Car Is White... Ima Get Some Pics Up Soon... Nothin Special Though...

And Thanks For Tellin Me Bought This Radio... Im Loving It So Far Because It Plays Data Cds And Displays The Name Just Like An MP3 Player... So I Can Lower My Cd Count... I Have 1 Cd In My Car With 194 Tracks... 9 Albums... So Im Lovin This Player... Plus If Worst Comes To Worst I Got The Warranty... Lol...

Willingboro huh. Not that far from me, live in lacey/toms river. If ya need a hand with anything let me know. It's always fun to meet people into cars.
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.