The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Painting Stock Grill

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Painting Stock Grill

Hey, i was wondering if anyone could give me a procedure list on what id have to do to paint my front grill. Its the regular 8g grill, and i wanted to paint it black. Could i use regular spray paint? What about sanding it or something?

Experienced TGC Member
    u might wanna ask (ipaintu) he's the master painter on the board. plus he painted my chrome grill black

Use a good spray paint like Krylon or a paint that is made for plastic...

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    a couple of guys have done it here including me. do a little search i think somebody made a tutorial on it.

TGC Regular

Re: Painting Stock Grill

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Luccent)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey, i was wondering if anyone could give me a procedure list on what id have to do to paint my front grill. Its the regular 8g grill, and i wanted to paint it black. Could i use regular spray paint? What about sanding it or something?</div>

I've done my whole interior in glossy black and my rear doors dash... handles..

After you take the grill out and gut it..if you are going to gut it , just make sure its smooth and sand it with 320 grit paper.
    then take a cloth and wipe it down well to make suer you get all the lose dirt off and then put it somewhere with ventilation of course lol. spray her once and then , let it dry for like half hour , then again.
    Donovan J.

Need something from england..or other eastern nations holla...
    I dont mind looking.

Car: Toyota Soarer GT-T Jspec "Limited"
    Galant: at home chillaxen :(

TGC Regular
    I painted mine black using Krylon Fusion. No sanding required. Mine is starting to chip though because of road debris. My car will be in the shop tommorow so I'm gonna have them color match the grill

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(devgrp)</div><div class='quotemain'>I painted mine black using Krylon Fusion. No sanding required. Mine is starting to chip though because of road debris. My car will be in the shop tommorow so I'm gonna have them color match the grill</div>

Post pics when it's done

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SkylineG1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(devgrp)</div><div class='quotemain'>I painted mine black using Krylon Fusion. No sanding required. Mine is starting to chip though because of road debris. My car will be in the shop tommorow so I'm gonna have them color match the grill</div>

Post pics when it's done</div>Will do

elieleb1303
    yes i searched and it brought me to this.
    i previously painted my grill and interior trims a while back. im repainting them now, but i forget wut sandpaper i used. right now i have 150 grit. its leaving the woodgrain a bit scratched looking. if i go out n get 320 grit, will it still do this or no?

you should have a better outcome... if you don't already know.. the higher the lower the number the more course the paper will be.. 320 shoud be straight.. all you want to do is scuff the surface so that the paint will adhere better... clear coats help with protecting the surface...
    MARCH 2009 COTM
    fully interfaced with Xbox Media Center. learn more at www.xbmc.org[/b]

Ballin' on a budget

I am going to paint my grill too. SHould i use primer and then flat-black or semi-gloss black??

i would'nt go with flat black, i'd go with a satin or a semi gloss finish.but yea, that will all depend on the color scheme you go going with the car.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.