The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Broken Axel

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar

Broken Axel

I just jumped into my car to head to the store to get some chips for a Super Bowl party drove off and I heard something crack loudly. Well long story short passenger side axle is gone.

HOW THE HELL???

well i guess its safe to say you have to much power?!?!?!

nah. I couldn't tell you how the hell it happened. I'm in as much of a shock as you are.

anybody know where to get new axles for our car? and are the remanufactured ones any good?

Quote Originally Posted by 8g ES V6
    anybody know where to get new axles for our car? and are the remanufactured ones any good?
    I just went to the nearest NAPA and got brand a new one (on dis.) for $45. The boot on the old one was ripped apart and it snapped at the joint.

same thing happened to me on my way to work in like 2001. it was under warranty so they fixed it. i just pulled out of the driveway to the right and put in D to go left down the street, the driver side wheel turned the passenger one still faced my driveway. we had to jack the car up and put the broken side on a skateboard and push the car to the side of the road. the passenger side axle snapped! well long story short the dealership fixed it and it has been fine since.

Well long story short passenger side axle is gone.
    same thing happened to me on my way to work in like 2001
    Where exacty did they break, do you know?
    Close to the mid mount shaft or where it connects to the hub?

Quote Originally Posted by 8gV65spd
    Well long story short passenger side axle is gone.
    same thing happened to me on my way to work in like 2001
    Where exacty did they break, do you know?
    Close to the mid mount shaft or where it connects to the hub?
    mine broke near or at the tranny, i couldn't really tell; i just let the dealership fix it.

actually i thought i broke the axle. yesterday i pulled off the tire, the lower ball joint, tie rod and removed the axle nut. the minute i swung the whole assembly out of the way the axle fell outta the trans. so immediately i thought i broke the end of the shaft off or something. but when i pulled it all the way out, it was fine. so i now think i broke something in the differential. there is also supposed to be some kind of retainer holding the shaft in, so that is at the bottom of the trans somewhere. anybody heard of that happening? i am completely lost and dont feel like pulling out the trans in my driveway