The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8G 5Spd started Today Update 4/20/06

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 27 of 27
    You are here entirely tooo much!!
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCstunr)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SkylineG1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(devgrp)</div><div class='quotemain'>Damn you are moving fast. I would never attemp something like this Â*</div>

Me either</div>
    Wussies.</div>
    lol</div>

x3

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

TGC Regular
    yeah
    Donovan J.

Need something from england..or other eastern nations holla...
    I dont mind looking.

Car: Toyota Soarer GT-T Jspec "Limited"
    Galant: at home chillaxen :(

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Wow...you are progressing quickly! 8) I commend you for tackling a project such as a 5speed swap...its alot of work. I hope everything goes well and really hope you enjoy the hard work you put into the swap. You'll be proud of yourself and those cuts, snags, bruises, or any other type of inflicted damage the car puts your through will be well worth it once you put it in gear and let go of the clutch!8)

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    everything is looking good, keep up the great work. just an FYI for the future, its 10 times easier just to unbolt the torque convertor with the trans in the car, there is a little cover plate on the bottom of the bell housing, held in wiht 2 bolts, you take that off, and you use a 1/2 drive ratchet to spin the motor over by hand so you can get at the 4 bolts that hold the convertor to the flex plate.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Update 4/20/06

well as the crank was exposed the pulling of the pilot bearing was too much for me to bere, i ended up resurfacing a stock flywheel which let me cut some corners of bolting the fly wheel, clutch and pressure plate as you can see my spot where the pilot bearing is all jacked up

after that it was pretty much smooth sailing from there, the tranny bolts right up like its suppose to be there. then i just started putting everthing such as battery tray and everything else back in place, placing all ground and what not in the right place

from there i dropped the tranny fliud in and followed the splicing like it said in Goosey2099 tutorial and everthing was go my reverse lights worked and all
    with a few works here and there
    id like to thank everyone for helping me out, big thanks forreal
    and thanks to bronxbombr and Goosey2099 for answering all the little problems here and there i ran into when it came to the clutch juss a few adjusting and everything was ok
    total cost for this swap including brand new parts and money for gas so one of my best friends came over everyday to help
    once again thanks
    From the dance floor to the track
    bboy for life
    Mitsubishi for life

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Damn man, you moved quick. Glad to see that all is well in the 5 speed land. Can't wait to see it.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    HANNIBAL, FACE, B.A., MURDOCK, I love it when a plan comes together.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12