The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galant Options

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 27 of 27
    ok.. what about 0-60 in 6 seconds, is that possible..?

I have an GTZ with IHE and my fastest 0-60 was about 6.5 seconds. That was with a solid launch and no spin really. On average im at about 0-60 in 7 secs.

I have a relzo 2600 in now, so I imagine it could be faster. I also need to get my TB bored, my throttle respone could be better.

I used one of the gtech car computer things to monitor my upgrades. it went like this

My 0-60 times with various mods.

But somewhere in there I removed the spare tire, and then later added an xbox. Either way I am under stock weight barely.

Stock, don't know but read it is around 9
    AEM CAI ~8.25
    CMF Headers ~7-7.25
    DYNOMAX Catback + tuneup ~7

Best was like ~6.5. Note I DO NOT launch my car, I go from full standstill idle RPM. I DO NOT brake launch to test mods.

I haven't gotten off my ass and done it yet with the Relzo, but it feels stronger.

My next thing is gonna be TB bore, or underdrive pulleys if I can find some good ones that wont throw some codes at me.

I have an 02 GTZ with about 75k on the clock.

Experienced TGC Member
    ^Dude 6.5 is an almost unbelievable improvement. You should consider grabbing a SAFC and tuning it for your mods.

I have been thinking about it, but I'm not looking forward to wiring it.

I am pretty sure I am only running rich at WOT, I assume this bc the preformance has been pretty solid. But I am not sure. Is there any other way I could tune without a safc. Something more mechanical/less wiring. Like a afpr or something?

I may just wait for the mynes ECU tune thing to pan out also. That seems to be the best way to go, if they can make it work for our cars. I am not sure if our ECUs are 100% the same or close enough.

My next/last major mod will prolly be RPW cams and gears, and thats it. I will prolly get some smaller mods on there before then, like the TB+spacer (I have to test and see if the spacer works). Maybe some intake mani stuff too.

Does anyone know of an Underdrive pulley that works on the V6? I have seen the AEM pulley set, and looked around on 3g and here. Seems like most throw codes.

I don't know, I need to find a job for the summer. So nothing will prolly happen until then.

I am running 17"s now so I may have slowed down a tad. Damn anyone in the PA area wanna install some eibach lowering spring for me. I am a lazy bastard.

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    i have a hard time believing those gains...I have a 4 so i'm not too familiar with the feel of the six. but you're talking about two and a half seconds off your 0-60 with just the IHE. what would require at least 20 more HP from your starting point.
    -Pedro

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Xrs2)</div><div class='quotemain'>

I have a relzo 2600 in now</div>

I always wanted to ask you what RELZO stands for in you sig. I'm guessing now you are referring to the REZLO tc?

Yeah I am referring to An Ian Relzo High Stall Torque Convertor.

In my case it is 2600 stall.

edit, I am not sure about the times, but I am sure about the difference between them because I used the same instrument to get them. It is a gtech v1 that does 0-60 and 1/4 times, lateral g forces, ect.. They were all done on the same road from the same starting point (I tried to keep this the same as possible, the only thing that would chnage would be the humidity and temp), the road is level to a few degrees uphill. I cannot do 1/4 miles runs there bc it is not long enough, so I never measured those alnog my upgrade path. The 6.5 was my fastest time, generally I was at about ~7 for 0-60 times. It may have went up bc my heavier 17"s now tho.

I'll make a video if I can get a camera.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12