The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: the radiator cooling fans.

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

the radiator cooling fans.

they are both supposed to come at the same time right? I think this is my overheating problem @ idle. just to be sure, I dont see anything wrong, no loose connections. what should I check?

TGC Regular
    check the fuses?

when is we gon be free????

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hodgson316)</div><div class='quotemain'>check the fuses?</div>

are both fans on a different circuit? or the same?

ac fan and the radiator fan are on two seperate cicuits
    the ecu will never tun on the a/c fan unless you turn on your a/c compressor.

if you want better cooling, there is a simple mod, that will cause them to always come on at the same time. heres the link to vfaq.com, just go to electrical, then to 2g cooling fan relay bypass.
    don't worry about the whole installing the bypass switch, just do the jumper wire mod. very simple, will take less than 2 minutes. Really
    but if your fans don't come on at all, your screwed. I don't know why your car would overheat at idle if your fans are working. try replaceing your thermostat and changing your coolant.

http://www.vfaq.com/index-main.html

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Only one fan is suppose to be on unless the AC is on then the other will spin too. If both of your fans are running with the AC off then it means the engine is too hot for the one fan to cool and then a circuit chips on the other fan. First you need to make sure the fan motor is working. But like everyone says check fuses, then thermostat, then CTS, then lastly check the fan motor.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Both fans on constantly

After a Motor / Auto Trans transplant I am now experiencing the both fan on syndrome. Temp gauge on dash is in the acceptable range (just touching the temp logo in the top of the arc), and moves from cool as the engine warms.

Will a bad transmission temp sensor or engine coolant sensor trip a CEL, as I am not experiencing that.

Both fans come on when you place the car in gear with or without the A/C on, and do not cycle off ever.

the fans NORMALLY run one for cooling, two for AC. But theres more to it than that. each fan has multiple speeds, and the computer WILL turn on both in extreem overheating situations.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>the fans NORMALLY run one for cooling, two for AC. Â*But theres more to it than that. each fan has multiple speeds, and the computer WILL turn on both in extreem overheating situations.</div>

I been saying that for the longest.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678