The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Car Is Dieing...Please Help Anybody!!! ,-(

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Car Is Dieing...Please Help Anybody!!! ,-(

Sorry for long post..I just decribed everything so you get a better idea...

Ight guys ima need some help, im runing into some Big porblems from what i think..It all stated back in january 31, i got the code P0705 i got that code twice.. its decribed as TRANS RANGE Cicuit Senor. Got it replaced by dealer, but yet light came back on wit the same code..them dealer screwed me saying they dont kno why and wont help me cuz they shouldt touched my car cuz the intake and exhueast and CF everything and what not..They just BS'ing...But soon as i got that code every time i switch from "N" to D or R i get a hard as jerk like got reended..went to tranny shop they said trannys fine its the senor..But i said who fuck the tranny cuz im doing 5-speed swap summer...Well yesterday i got up got my pager unlocked my car everything beeped but the doors anit unlock im like wtf, s i hada use the key, yet it only opened one door the driver..So i got in the car started it and my flip out tv would not power on im like wtf, theni notice the cars idleing REALL low to a point where it sounds like its fightign to stay on. so i turn it off and hit unlock swicth yet no power,And also my check engine light magically turned off now... so im goign to school at a red light car is idleing mad low and it shuts off...restared it started right up but it stills idles low even wehn i go up the drive way slowly...i hear a noise from the right side of the front of the car like a Whine...Anybody kno wtf is going on with me? i was thinkin maybe Altanator? but i dont think that shut the car or idle like shit would it? This really sucks cuz Tearstone says my kit might ship this monday..and now im runing into porblems...PLease help sorry for the long post
    --Ron
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Odds are pretty good the sensor that the dealer "fixed" is bad. My mother sebring had the same problems with hard shifts like you're describing. As for your power problem, I'd have the battery tested first to see if it's ok. MOst autoshops will do it for free or cheap. Grab a meter and check the battery voltage while the car is running. If it's less than 13.5volts then pretty good chance the alternator is bad. I'm going under the impression though the battery terminals are tight and not corroded. Also make sure the wire from the alternator to battery is ok.
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.

terminials are great..i checked those 1st...The switch im get another code ran in the morning...but that was just a senor for the P R N D 1..TO recanise what gears its in
    13 GTR

dome light works? power windows work? if no, go straight to the fuses.

you have any aftermarket guages put in yet? i remember once, the ground wire for my a/f got disconnected so the gauge decided to ground itself to the ecu. car ran funny cuz of that.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT
    terminials are great..i checked those 1st...The switch im get another code ran in the morning...but that was just a sensor for the P R N D 1..TO recanise what gears its in
    Sounds like you're lucky though. When the sensor failed in the sebring it got stuck in second gear. That was not fun trying to drive from her house to mine so I could change it. Wish I could remember what the hell the thing was called exactly. I'll have to call her tomorrow to find out. I know it was cheap though like less than $50. Though if you're going to do a tranny swap anyway I wouldn't really worry to much. It shouldn't destroy the trans that quickly.
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    dome light works? power windows work? if no, go straight to the fuses.

you have any aftermarket guages put in yet? i remember once, the ground wire for my a/f got disconnected so the gauge decided to ground itself to the ecu. car ran funny cuz of that.
    domes arnt hooked up..solering LEds in it...Power windows only work when key is in ACC or On, before i can turn car off and have liek 30 secs to put them open tilli open to door where power cuts out..Checked all fused inside cabin already..My visors tvs power on...Radar turns on, ac works Hids power up...i have guages and it flickers cuz a loose conection..im go fix that right now...If thats it ur a life saver
    13 GTR

Experienced TGC Member
    oh man that sounds messed up. :?

check the fuses in the engine bay

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

check your alternator and battery.

just check all fuses underhood all good, fixed the aftermarket guage wire which was just loose inside the clip....BUt i noticed the headlights,hazards do not work without the car being on..So i think its the altanot getting it tested tommow at 12...If the altantor on the right side of the car???
    13 GTR

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    What battery do you have? Alt is on the passenger side you dope! Just look where all the belts are
    7g for life!

Stinger SP1000, its only like 8 months old...ya i just checked..and i think tahts whats makein that noise..
    13 GTR