The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Shuts off!!!!!!!!!!!!

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Shuts off!!!!!!!!!!!!

Galant fam whats good, i haven't posted since last year whol lot of stuff went on......etc
    1. have a problem, when stating my car the engine dies right away. I have to rev the engine for a while for the car to stay on or idle properly. Anyone have any idea????? :?:

2. Also: driving at high speeds, i get this howling noise coming from the :?: im not to sure if it's the rear left side or the front right side very hard to tell. and no it's not the tires, the sound increases with accelleration the decreased when i slow down any clues?

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Have you checked your injectors, change gas filter, and basically all the little stuff that inclines with doing a tuneup?

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

check ur IAC or also check your coolent sensor.. the humming seems it might be a wheel bearing and id replace it asap.. you need to figure out which side it is.. you dont want that sucker locking up on ya going down the high way, that'd be BAD!

good luck w/ your work if u need any help w/ diagrams just shoot me a pm

--S.Galant
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

for your first question.. i had the same problem before. i simply adjusted the idle regulator by the throttle body with a flat head screw driver. ALTHOUGH alot of people probably dont recommend doing that. but it solved my problem.

also it wont idle if you're cold air intake got water inside the filter. ( not sure if u have a cold air)

My G had a bad right front wheel bearing when I got it last summer. Hummed really loud. The way to figure out which side it is goes like this: go around a turn, and if the pulsing/humming gets louder/faster, it's on the OUTSIDE wheel. If it gets slower/quieter, it's on the inside wheel. Also, try to get in a parking lot with some hedgerows or a guardrail and do some low-speed turns with your windows down, and you'll figure out which end (front or back) it's coming from.

Oh yeah... And do the hub assembly yourself. I think there's a tutorial on here somewhere (you can search for it, I don't feel like it right now... ). I didn't do it myself, and $355 later I had a quiet car. $150 or so in parts and an hour and a half and you can have the same result! Wish I'd found that tutorial before I shelled out that much $$$...

<span style="color:#000000">1996 Mitsubishi Galant ES Premium</span>