The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Steering Wheel

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Steering Wheel

My front wheels point straight ahead but the steering wheel isn't pointing forward. Its a couple of inches to the right. How do I fix this?
    Why I got half a mind to...ahhh...never mind I just got half a mind.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Have a shop do an alignment.
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Have a shop do an alignment.
    X2... By the way hows that valve cover comming along for ya???

or pull ur steering wheel and put it back on straight...
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGALANT
    Actually I think paying the 45 bux to do the alignment would be cheaper and easier than pulling the whole wheel off.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombr
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGALANT
    Actually I think paying the 45 bux to do the alignment would be cheaper and easier than pulling the whole wheel off.
    I'll do the alignment when I put on new rims, and struts, and see what happens but I think that I may have to pull the sterring wheel also
    Thanks

Yes, an alignment will fix that easily. I do probably 5 a day. DO NOT remove your steering wheel. Please, it makes it really hard to ever get things straight again. Oh, and make life easy on the align tech, do the alignment BEFORE you put your new wheels on the car. It's 1000X easier to do an alignment on steel wheels than aftermarket ones (it's also good for you since the alignment will be more accurate if the heads are on good and tight)
    Staying busy is important. After all, idle hands spend time at the genitles.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bronxbombr)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SuperGALANT)</div><div class='quotemain'>or pull ur steering wheel and put it back on straight...</div>

Actually I think paying the 45 bux to do the alignment would be cheaper and easier than pulling the whole wheel off.</div>

i have a puller, takes me all of 15 minutes to pull straighten and put back on.. might also need an alignment if its off from wheel to wheel
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

[quote="98ACR"]Yes, an alignment will fix that easily. I do probably 5 a day. DO NOT remove your steering wheel. Please, it makes it really hard to ever get things straight again. Oh, and make life easy on the align tech, do the alignment BEFORE you put your new wheels on the car

OK will do, by the way your shop is not in NJ is it? LOL

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jiul)</div><div class='quotemain'>

OK will do, by the way your shop is Â*not in NJ is it? LOL</div>

Yes, actually it is. I work for Pep Boys.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(98ACR)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jiul)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Yes, actually it is. I work for Pep Boys.</div>

No sh*t which one?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jiul)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(98ACR)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jiul)</div><div class='quotemain'>

No sh*t which one?</div>

I was being a smart a$$. I live in Georgia. And as of today I don't turn wrenches anymore. I'm a service manager now. I just couldn't pass up the near doubling of pay.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(98ACR)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jiul)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(98ACR)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jiul)</div><div class='quotemain'>

No sh*t which one?</div>

I was being a smart a$$. I live in Georgia. And as of today I don't turn wrenches anymore. I'm a service manager now. I just couldn't pass up the near doubling of pay.</div>

Ha ha well good for you I had a feeling you were a bit soft for NJ
    just kidding