The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Quick cat-con Q:

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Quick cat-con Q:

First off, I searched and found nothing..so there

I need to know the inlet/outlet diameter of the stock 7g Cat-con

I'm getting ready to finish up my exhaust, and I need to go ahead and order the parts. And I wanna keep the diameter the same through the whole system.

Is it 2.5" at the Cat con?
    Staying busy is important. After all, idle hands spend time at the genitles.

Proto
    no its 2.25" but you can run with no cat

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proto)</div><div class='quotemain'>no its 2.25" but you can run with no cat </div>

not properly.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proto)</div><div class='quotemain'>no its 2.25" but you can run with no cat </div>

not properly.</div>
    Properly, yes. Leagally, no.
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    You can run w/o a cat but might run the risk of setting off a CEL light. I am running a full 3 inch exhaust but on the rear bank O2 sensor..I welded a spacer nut so the probe isn't fully sticking out into the exhaust..so its basically fooling the sensor.

You can run a high flow cat to flow your exhaust a bit more better compared to factory and still meet your states emissions laws if you have to go through a annual vehicle inspection.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

In GA you MUST run a cat con. and since I have a '94 it has to be a WORKING cat con, because I have to pass the "real" smog test. As long as the tubing in the cat con on the Galant is 2.25 all is well and I can go ahead and order my new one.
    Staying busy is important. After all, idle hands spend time at the genitles.