The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Maximum exhaust piping?

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    mbssbm

Maximum exhaust piping?

I'm trying to figure out what size exhaust piping i can't get on my car. I would like to get 3.5" but i want to go over the axle? Has anyone done this, any problems?

u will lose low end and midrange if u go that big unless u are running forced induction (including n2o). for the i4 get mandrel bent 2.25"-2.5" at the most. for the v6 2.5"-2.75". i have 2.75" pipe running above the axle on my v6. if ur gonna run turbo, blower or n2o, then 3.0" max.

I agree 3.5 is way to big for a Galant. I have 2.5" now and I noticed I have a little loss in my Low end. I hopw that with the header and some more mods I will be able to get it back
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Black2k1GTZ
    Well I would ask why he wants the big piping for...there might be a method to his madness...if its just cuz you think bigger is better...then go with between 2.5" - 3.0" at most...

Marc :mg:

Yes Marc, there are still lots of ppl that believe in that myth that bigger is better. And what's worse is, ppl only do it on certain parts and don't even stay consistant all the way through the system.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

toc8g
    I have gone thru 3 set of exhaust piping on my Galant(s) I remember some one challenged me once on the piping size for a I-4 Galant. First off I have gone thru trial and error and the other guy was making statement on self knowledge thru reading and asking thats great and all but nothing beats personal experiance. I first replaced my stock piping with 2.25 press bent not realizing our pipe is the same, but it did eliminate all the resonators. So I will state this only for the I-4 n/a meaning non turbo or noz. 2.25 is the biggest you wanna go with out losing any low end torque since we got so little to begin with. I had beautiful 2.5 mandrel bent piping but threw it away because it was just tooo big. I went back to custom 2.25 and man was I happy. so that 2.25 to 2.5 back to 2.25. 2.25 mandrel bent is the best. Also on a SCC they recommended the same as well. And remember this is speaking only on the I-4 Galant.

SCC?? :puzzled1:

Nothing speaks like experience; thanks TOC.

Quote Originally Posted by TJC
    SCC?? :puzzled1:

Nothing speaks like experience; thanks TOC.
    sport compact car

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Thx.