The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Idle Problem at Cold Start and When Stopped...

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Idle Problem at Cold Start and When Stopped...

Whats up people,

Well I'm having this problem with my car...

When I turn on my car and start to drive off, my car feels like it's going to stop... It starts to hesitate a bit as if it's going to turn off and then all of a sudden it just accelarates like hell and then drives normal... When I am stopped at a light or coming to a stop rather quickly.. my RPM's drop down to about 500 or so and it hesitates once again and acts like it's going to turn on. The only way it won't do it is if the A/C is on which actually makes the RPM's go up a little obviously as it pulling more current. What can it be? Now the last time it happend I was stopped at a light and the RPM's began to drop to about 600 then to 500 and then my check engine came on.

- IDLE Sensor?
    - Throttle cable to loose?
    - Throttle body butterfly plate getting stuck?
    - Oxygen Sensor bad?

Please help me out now...

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    If your CEL is on then take it to an Autozone & they can read it for you for free. And then you can take your solution from there.

Yeah, have them read that SES code first, so you'll know more. Were your injectors ever cleaned?

Sounds to me like a IAC or a Coil pack

GTX,

Yes, they recently cleaned my Fuel Injection System...

And about having Autozone check the code for me.. they no longer do that...

i'd fork over the cash and get someone to read it, or get a code reader. trying to fix the problem without getting the code read is like fixing the car with a blindfold on and your hands tied behind your back.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.