The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2003 4 cyl. ES Question ( Suspension )

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
    nichiren22

2003 4 cyl. ES Question ( Suspension )

Just got a quick question: I just got new wheels n tires for my g .17'"s and 215/50/17... now here's my question...i want to lower my g safely w/o rubbing or whatsoever problems...my choices are tein's lowering springs and gc coilovers...i dont want to replace my struts n shocks yet...so can you guys give me an advice on how to do this little project of mine?...

im kinda unsure of tein coz the drop might rub the rear. (w/ the front i have no prob). im lookin at gc coz its adjustable....so what you guys think? im not really into performance mods...i just wanna make the car look good....w/o compromising the rideabilty of the car...thanks

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    you shouldn't have any rubbing problems dropping on 17's.
    Proceed with ease.
    i hope you've done your research into those two products. If you can afford the coilovers, do those instead (given that you'll be happy with the feel) You'll be glad that they are ajustable down the road.

A lot of people have dropped their G on stock shocks. It's a matter of luck...some blew right away, some have gone months with not problem. It's a matter of luck and what kinda driving you do. Driving the G harder will blow your shocks faster.
    -Pedro

im on 215/50/17 on teins and stock struts and i dont rub at all. i dont even come close to rubbing, as i sometimes wish they were lower. but i know if it was lower, i would be scraping even more things than i do now. im very slow on driveways and speedbumps. and the shitty nyc streets toss my car around a lot too.

they havent blown yet but i only had them on for a couple thousand miles.

Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    im on 215/50/17 on teins and stock struts and i dont rub at all. i dont even come close to rubbing, as i sometimes wish they were lower. but i know if it was lower, i would be scraping even more things than i do now. im very slow on driveways and speedbumps. and the shitty nyc streets toss my car around a lot too.

they havent blown yet but i only had them on for a couple thousand miles.
    isnt 215 50 too big for our cars.. or is it 225/50..?

nichiren22
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalamidad
    you shouldn't have any rubbing problems dropping on 17's.
    Proceed with ease.
    i hope you've done your research into those two products. If you can afford the coilovers, do those instead (given that you'll be happy with the feel) You'll be glad that they are ajustable down the road.

A lot of people have dropped their G on stock shocks. It's a matter of luck...some blew right away, some have gone months with not problem. It's a matter of luck and what kinda driving you do. Driving the G harder will blow your shocks faster.
    ...ill probably drop the g by 2" front 1" rear / i dunno... a shop was offerin me 520 bucks for the teins ( w installation n alignment ) or 600+ bucks for gc coilovers ( w/O alignment) any other ideas? thanks....

Quote Originally Posted by neel9
    isnt 215 50 too big for our cars.. or is it 225/50..?
    215/50/17 is bigger than stock diameter by about .5 inch i think. but my wheels are also 6.5 in wide so that can also by why it doesnt rub.

Quote Originally Posted by nichiren22
    ...ill probably drop the g by 2" front 1" rear / i dunno... a shop was offerin me 520 bucks for the teins ( w installation n alignment ) or 600+ bucks for gc coilovers ( w/O alignment) any other ideas? thanks....
    alignment: $40. teins: $170 shipped. installation: $100-$150. or free if you have a 4-8 hrs to spend. and it would be done right. how many shops are gonna look up the galant manual and torque every bolt to factory specs?

i would say save $150 and install the springs yourself and learn something about your car at the same time. rental for torque wrench and spring compressors is free at autozone

teins are a good choice for springs. good brand and an even look all around. but im sorta wishing i had GC now cuz i want the super low, tucking tires look but that would kill factory struts 1000x as fast.

you can do it "right" the first time and just get tein coilovers. 1) saves the time of re-doing it 2-3 times. 2) saves money if your gonna pay to install. 3)youre gonna have to replace your stock struts sooner or later. 4) they offer the best of 3 worlds. adjustable ride height, dampening, and longevity.

nichiren22
    i think i shd just go to eibach, has anyone of u guys put eibach pro kit on a 4 cyl 8g? i have 215 50 17... think i have an inch clearance in the back...eibach only makes one for a 6 cyl...so if any of u guys have a 4 cyl who put eibach 4 a 6 cyl...please post any advices,thanks

17's on a g.. you'll be straight.. drop that bitch as low as you can.. and i dought it will rub..
    www.anti-rice.com

lasthopeskrispy: so i was fucking this guy in the ass over the weekend and you know what he decides to do....he reaches around and cups my balls. I was like hey what a fag!

nichiren22
    you sure bro? i have 215 50 17s 50 series... so im kinda nt sure coz i have an inch left in the back... i was kinda afraid that it wd rub. drop it and i can still carry 3 pax in tha back? im kinda leaning on tein springs...note: stock struts n shock! so whats ur advice?

i just put 17's on my car (225/45-17) tire and am nervous that with a large system in the trunk and people in the car i will rub? am i way off, will i be ok?

i'm on 225/35/19 with tein-s and gr2s and no rub lol
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

do a serious search man it doesnt matter if u have 17s or 13s you still have the same diameter or close to it. weather you will rubb or not depends on wheel offset and width u really need to search big time and anything over 300 is to much to lower jus on springs.the gc coilovers are no good exspecially on stock shocks/struts. teains or eibach are fine v6 is the same application for the i4 (diferent drop)do a search man.
    PIMPIN AINT EASY

ya, but what about with lots of weight in back ie. people and subs

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(midwest_G)</div><div class='quotemain'>ya, but what about with lots of weight in back ie. people and subs</div>

wut about it?
    PIMPIN AINT EASY

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(g-ridda)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(midwest_G)</div><div class='quotemain'>ya, but what about with lots of weight in back ie. people and subs</div>

wut about it?</div>

I did search it was a simple question of would that be enough weight to rub I did a search of the offset ect. which is why my ? had nothing to do with that and we posted at the same time so I did not get a chance to read your post before i submitted mine Sorry

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(midwest_G)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(g-ridda)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(midwest_G)</div><div class='quotemain'>ya, but what about with lots of weight in back ie. people and subs</div>

wut about it?</div>

I did search it was a simple question of would that be enough weight to rub I did a search of the offset ect. which is why my ? had nothing to do with that and we posted at the same time so I did not get a chance to read your post before i submitted mine Sorry</div>

its all good homeboy
    PIMPIN AINT EASY