The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: rear disc conversion

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

rear disc conversion

well i got the set up to do my rear disc conversion on my 2000 i4 i got the parts from sethmo parts thread i paid 200 for the whole deal shipped im my opinion awesome.....

now to my problem i went and got new calipers and rototrs so that everything would be new for the brakes atleats and i got everything on and sound the calipers and the whole system bled and i hooked up the e-brake and the whole ordeal now the e-brake light on my dash won't go off, eventhough it is disengaged, and anti lock light is on but i think that is due to the sensors being screwed up, and to take the cake the brakes are no where near the way they should be the pedal goes almost to the floor b4 i even gett any stopping power and yes i bled the lines numerous tymes their is no air in them......

so i figured i would see if any one else here who has doen the swap can give me some tips on getting this project finished , or if any one has the knowledge to help me to get the brakes all buttoned up so it can be driven and so i can go back to the driving style i used to have when i had brakes........

my next step is taking it to a dealer and having them fix it but i don't know how they will handle it when i tell them i swapped them on myself....!
    jdm front end conversion in the process.........

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Well man, the pedal pressure isnt right so theres the first problem. Usually if its not bled all the way, the pedal pressure will not be very adequate. Is the brake fluid full? Did you bleed all 4 corners or just the rear? All new fluid or mix of old and new?

I assume you have ABS since the light is on? I should have asked you before I bought the spindles as I knew one of the sensor wires was messed up. But that shouldnt affect pedal pressure at all.
    7g for life!

all new fluid and bled all four corners
    jdm front end conversion in the process.........

have you checked your parking brake after this conversion?