The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: SES light code help

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

SES light code help

My SES light came on yesterday so I took the car to Autozone to have them scan it. The code that came up was

<span style='color:red'>"P0421 : The PCM has determined that the warm up catalyst efficiency for bank 1 is below threshold for the current engine operating conditions. (Bank 1 identifies the location of cylinder #1, While Bank 2 identifies the cylinders on the oppisite bank)</span>

Does anyone have a clue what this means? I dont know if this has anything to do with it, but my gas milage has gone way down aas of lately. Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

Regan
    "A mile of road takes you one mile...A mile of runway takes you anywhere."

it means you have a bad cat.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Damn The cat is only a year old on my car. I had to have it replaced when the car was still under warranty. What would cause it to go bad so soon?
    "A mile of road takes you one mile...A mile of runway takes you anywhere."

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(UAL Tripple 7)</div><div class='quotemain'>Damn The cat is only a year old on my car. I had to have it replaced when the car was still under warranty. What would cause it to go bad so soon?</div>

mitsubishi dealerships provide 12 months/12,000 mile warranty on all work done. if it hasn't been a year, run back there.
    -Pedro

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>it means you have a bad cat.</div> Or a bad O2 sensor on the rear of bank 1.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.