The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: SES Problem. Need Help Badly

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
    Geestylez

SES Problem. Need Help Badly

One day while i was driving my car, it just suddenly pulls back or lets say it was like choking or something like that. I really don't know how to explain it but when it happens the rpm drops than goes back to normal. After 2 days it happens again but this time the ses light turned on. It was on for like a week, while at the same time the problem would occur from time 2 time. Before i got to bring it to a mechanic to get the codes for the ses, the ses light turns off. After a few days the SES comes back on after the same problem happens, and again it would turn off a few days after. Okay i really had enough with this problem, it would keep happening back and forth. Its been happening for about 3 to 4 weeks. And oh yeah it would also happen while stoped at a light, and i could feel the car choking or something, while the rpm goes up and down. i need help badly before my car just breaks down on me.[/b]

i'd first start off by getting that ses light checked out. autozone does free scans to get the code. that might help you to get pointed in the right direction

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>i'd first start off by getting that ses light checked out. autozone does free scans to get the code. that might help you to get pointed in the right direction</div>

I agree i did the same. Hey its FREE
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600

Geestylez
    Aiight i guess i'll do that. thanx

The symptoms sound like a random misfire. But your ECU stores the codes as long as it has power. So even if the SES light is out, Autozone can still pull the codes. Get them pulled then we can look them up in the service manual and point you in the right direction.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

I 've had my ses light on for two days now - was reading this post last night and saw about autzone scanning it for ya...so I hopped on over there today and the guy said, "oh no, there's no code there to get, that just means your car needs service" - I was like what??? Guess he was just too damn lazy to get out from behind the counter. BTW - I was buying some other stuff for my other car too, so it wasn't like I just ran in there lookin for somethin free....

Quote Originally Posted by jomin1016
    I 've had my ses light on for two days now - was reading this post last night and saw about autzone scanning it for ya...so I hopped on over there today and the guy said, "oh no, there's no code there to get, that just means your car needs service" - I was like what??? Guess he was just too damn lazy to get out from behind the counter. BTW - I was buying some other stuff for my other car too, so it wasn't like I just ran in there lookin for somethin free....
    Wat a lazy SOB!

My light came back on today, im goin to get it pulled this weekend.

My last Pull was P0120.............!

Wat does that mean and can i get it fixed on my own or does the dealer need to see it?

Please someone give me straight answers.
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600

p0120, thats a generic code. it reads Throttle/Pedal Pos.Sensor A Circ Malfunction

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    p0120, thats a generic code. it reads Throttle/Pedal Pos.Sensor A Circ Malfunction
    Pardon my French.............. But wat the hel does that mean?????? :?
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600

Sorry to post again but i turn my car on today and surprisingly enough the SES lights had disappeared.................!?!

What does that mean? :?
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GaLaNtKeV99)</div><div class='quotemain'>Sorry to post again but i turn my car on today and surprisingly enough the SES lights had disappeared.................!?!

What does that mean? Â* Â*:?</div>

either its fixed or ur car got used to whatever was wrong

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GaLaNtKeV99)</div><div class='quotemain'>Sorry to post again but i turn my car on today and surprisingly enough the SES lights had disappeared.................!?!

What does that mean? Â* Â*:?</div>

either its fixed or ur car got used to whatever was wrong</div>

Is that possible? Can it get fixed by itself.
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600

okay, first.. autozone employees usually have the brain power of a concussed monkey, so I wouldnt waste a moment of time there.
    second, SRS codes are NOT OBD2 codes, so it may be impossible for them to retrieve them anyway.
    third, the problem will not just "fix itself". upon running the test, if it passes once, it has the capability of turning off the light.. but the code will still be present.

chances are you have seat airbags, correct? because theyve been a trouble spot on the galants and eclipses. one (or both) will probably need replacement. is the car still under warranty?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>okay, first.. autozone employees usually have the brain power of a concussed monkey, so I wouldnt waste a moment of time there.
    second, SRS codes are NOT OBD2 codes, so it may be impossible for them to retrieve them anyway.
    third, the problem will not just "fix itself". Â* upon running the test, if it passes once, it has the capability of turning off the light.. but the code will still be present.

chances are you have seat airbags, correct? Â* because theyve been a trouble spot on the galants and eclipses. Â* one (or both) will probably need replacement. Â*is the car still under warranty?</div>

Yes it ends at the end of December. The code was P0120. So wat do you suggest Many..... :?
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600

Dre
    I had my SES (Service Engine Soon) light come on yesterday as I was leaving work. Since the dealership was not out of the way, I had some time on my way home to stop in for a minute. I told the service manager what happened, and he gave me the list of possibilities. He also stated that if I want someone to look at it, that wouldn't happen before Wednesday or Thursday. Since I had noticed no issues other than the light coming on, I elected to go home and try the simple things in addition to clearing the code by disconnecting the battery before asking the dealer to look at it.

At first, I checked one of the locations that people tend to overlook, and that is the gas cap. I had filled up my tank Sunday evening while in Texas. Apparently I did not fasten the cap securely enough, although it did not have any problems until I went up and down an incline.

I had already disconnected the battery, then I decided to check the gas cap. Sure enough...it was really loose. I fastened it up, and after having the negative battery terminal disconnected for 10-15 minutes (The guy at the dealer said 1 minute), I proceeded to start the car. It started up, and the SES light went out like normally. But...

When I took my foot off of the brake and/or accelerator, the car died. I started it up again with no problems, but had no chance at even shifting from Park to Reverse, or Drive, without it just quickly dying. So, since I did not have to be anywhere last night, I decided to disconnect the battery once again and leave it for about 1 hour. Well I fell asleep ( which was a good thing anyway). When I woke up, the battery had been disconnected for about 10 hours instead of my intended 1 hour. I told myself, "This is the moment of truth", connected the negative terminal, started the car up, the idiot lights went out like normal, and I was able to drive the car.

The only thing about that was the fact that the radio code had to be entered in (not an issue since I have the code in a secure location).

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    P0120, I got this code recently. Throttle position Sensor Malfunction.

After i had the intake manifold replaced (I4), i could hear a slight shaking..metal on metal.. between 2500 and 3000 rpms. A mechanic told me that is was coming from the TP assembly. I guess after three months, the shaking may have finally made the sensor malfunction. Will replacing the TPS solve the problem? Can anyone direct me to any sites where i can find it? or should i replace the entire throttle body since the Throttle Position assembly is part of the throttle body...I have an extra throttle body, but it doesn't have the TPS.
    -Pedro