The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What could it be? Please help......

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

What could it be? Please help......

Ok I know without my car in your presence it will be hard to tell exactly whats going on, but I thought I might give it a try anyway....

So I just go an oil change about 1 1/2 months ago with 1030 oil, and just recently noticed a "knock" coming from the engine. I havent checked the oil level yet, so I need to do that, but Was just wondering what it could be. I know usually if there is not enough oil, the engine will do that, but just in case there IS enough oil in the engine, what ELSE could it be? Any Experianced Technicians, can you help me out? Im sure it could be a lot of things, but go ahead and lay them all on me. Im hoping its just the oil levels and nothing Too expensive.

Oh yeah, I dont have any major leaks at all, I see nothing on the ground when i move the car, but I have noticed a small amount of dry oil coming from the engine gasket, nothing major though.

Thanks in advance guys.

The Galants have been none to have a small knock aka tick to them . But check your oil.

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    search...it's been discussed any times. it's the lifters not much you can do about it other than use engine treatment every time you change your oil.
    -Pedro

No need to waste money on engine treatments I always recommend using Genuine Mitsubishi oil filters. That virtually eliminated lifter tick on my 8G. Curiously, why use 10w30? 5w30 is more than your ever going to need.

Oh I just have always used it here, cars come with it, i stick with it...

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1
    No need to waste money on engine treatments I always recommend using Genuine Mitsubishi oil filters. That virtually eliminated lifter tick on my 8G. Curiously, why use 10w30? 5w30 is more than your ever going to need.

i'll let you discuss taht w/ manybrews..

factory specs and requirements by the manufacturer... no?
    -Chris

Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver22

I ALWAYS used 5w30.

Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver22

the owners manual says you can use SAE 10w30 BUT SAE 5w30 is preferred.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.