The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: losing power...this sucks

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

losing power...this sucks

okay my car is running like shit i thought it was my cat but its fine i have 188000 miles but it just started really running like shit. just changed the oil use v-power gas and octane booster WTF is wrong. any ideas. im about to do a tune up to see if that helps if not i think she might be up for sale
    tein springs
    2 12" kicker comp vrs
    cadence z series amp
    panasonic head unit

hubcaps baby need i say more
    she's a work in progress

Re: losing power...this sucks

describe

Quote Originally Posted by sause
    running like shit
    i've never seen shit run so depending on how a person interprets it, it could be diagnosed a number of ways.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

accels like a truck compared to what it used to and has a weird smell i just got back from the muffler shop and they said its not the cat this all started after i replaced the radiatior but thats fine. i dont know these cars are awesome but i dont know how much more shit ill have to replace for it to run decent
    tein springs
    2 12" kicker comp vrs
    cadence z series amp
    panasonic head unit

she's a work in progress

spark plugs, wires, replace your main o2 sensor.
    clean your throttle, check for vacuum leaks.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

we need a FAR, FAR more accurate description that "runs like shit runs like a truck".

and dont waste money on high octane gas or octane booster... all youre doing is making your car run worse if its a 4 cylinder. (premium is recommended for the 6).

Im pretty sure everyone wants to help you.

Help us out.
    Milage
    Where are you in the scheduled maintenance.
    When was the last tune up.
    Like it was previously mentioned O2 sensor.
    etc.
    Dont forget YOUR G is suppose to last you a long time if you take care of it by the book.

Let us know.
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

like i said it has been well maintained oil changes every 3000 premium gas because it is a six cyl. im getting new plugs wires and timing belt. what more can i say beside the car is great it just is running kinda weird and no one knows why. i guess thats the last time ill use the runniong like shit term. thanks for all the help and when i do figure out the problem ill post on here about it. thanks again for the help
    tein springs
    2 12" kicker comp vrs
    cadence z series amp
    panasonic head unit

she's a work in progress

hell, post up a video of it with some sound...