The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Still having the same fuckin problem! HELP!

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Still having the same fuckin problem! HELP!

Aight, wtf? I have taken my car to two or three mechanics, one tranny shop, and still no one can feel this problem. Whenever I let off the gas, the car bumps. It's like a hesitation and the exhaust even goes "wuh wuh"(if that makes sense). I am thinkin it may have something to do w/ my exhaust b/c of the change in backpressure. Any theories are welcome or if anyone in the MD area can come and see what is goin on and give their opinion. Lemme know guyz. I am startin to get really annoyed.

By 'bumps' do you mean a mechanical hesitation in the engine or a physical bump that you feel in the whole car?

What happens when you first start to accelerate?

I feel the bump all through the car... from the front and underneath my feet. It's a hesitation and a bump if that makes sense. Acceleration is normal. When I let off the gas tho, and start to accelerate again when already in motion sometimes it doesn't respond right away and it bumps. Kinda like a tranny slipping. Tranny shop said that they didn't feel anything tho.

Sounds like possibly a worn motor mount or trans mount. Any more information? Noises? Does the car run rough when it happens? Any warning lights in the dashboard?

yea, the car has been running kinda rough recently. no noises tho. U figure a good mechanic would notice something like that tho?

YOU MIGHT HAVE A VACUUM LEAK AND MAYBE A GASKET FROM YOUR EXHAUST IS NO GOOD

HOW MANY MILE DO YOU HAVE ????

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    you have ses light on? might be o2 sensors?

i think u may be right about the vaccum leak. the transmission shop guy said he thinks it's loosin pressure somewhere. I gotta get the motor mounts checked too.

Proto
    take it to a mitsu dealer with mitsu mechanics, have them give you a free estimate/look at on it.

they said that they can't garuntee anything they do b/c of my performance parts.

Sounds like you have a leak in your intake, man. I had exactly the same problem caused by a leak at the MAF sensor. If you hold the car at a steady speed on the beltway, do you feel it kind of lurch or hesitate? If so, it's a leak, and you usually won't throw an SES light. Otherwise, I agree you might have a vacuum leak.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

I dont think it's an intake leak b/c i put stock intake back in and it did the same thing. It actually got worse. But Im gonna set up an appointment for mitsu dealership and tell em to check those things out specifically and anything else that might be wrong. I just don't trust the dealership.