The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Car turns over but doesn't start

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

Car turns over but doesn't start

Car was running fine the night before, but this morning she wont start. Accessories/lights/radio working okay, but when I try to start the engine, the engine spins, but doesn't start.

I've checked all the fuses and they seem fine, as well as charging the battery, and also tried a different battery but still no go.

Suggestions?

maybe your starter??
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    If the motor is cranking healthy then its not the starter or battery. Are you getting spark on all cylinders? Id assume it would be hard to check on a v6? How bout fuel? Spark plugs smell like fuel?
    7g for life!

get some carb cleaner and spray it into the tb. if it starts up and runs for a second then stops, it's your fuel pump. my old car did that twice in 2 yrs.

"If Wal-Mart is lowering prices everyday, how come nothing is free yet"

Dont you have a Walbro 255? Those are easy to hear if they are working or not. I bet it is something simple man. Have a loose wire somewhere or something.
    7g for life!

Yeah, I've got a walboro 255, but it normally can't be heard running unless the engine is running.

I pulled one of the plugs (#2) and the plug was clean, but a bit wet with fuel.

Man, I hate checking for loose wires :x

hi

prob bad starter as i know when i had that prob, my starter was shot a while back
    doing my thing, one mod at a time

F.Y.I I had this problem this week and it was a bad fuel pump.

Had the same problem last night with the tahoe, the fuel pump went bad.

if you have a buddy, throw them in the back seat and remove the seat bottom. if the fuel pump is good then they should feel/hear the pump vibrating as u try to start it.

like seth said, check for spark. the rear bank might be a lil hard to test but at least test the front bank for spark.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Yah this thread is months old. He has already fixed it and I doubt it was the fuel pump. So what was wrong Len?
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Yah this thread is months old. He has already fixed it and I doubt it was the fuel pump. So what was wrong Len?
    To be honest with you, I never really found the problem - the car sat for a few days untouched. I went to try and start her up again, and vroom! She starts up. :shock:

I think my galant was mad that I didn't park her in the warm, dry garage the night before when it was cold and raining.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Bah @Seth. I was posting on another site and got all in the mix. Anyway. Fuel and or spark would've been my thought.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombr
    I still think its his starter or NS switch.
    lol read n00B!

Quote Originally Posted by DryBear
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    To be honest with you, I never really found the problem - the car sat for a few days untouched. I went to try and start her up again, and vroom! She starts up. :shock:

I think my galant was mad that I didn't park her in the warm, dry garage the night before when it was cold and raining.
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    hmm, my sister's G is doing the same thing. It was raining yesterday and unfortunately, i was the one driving it so now i'm responsible.

All the lights work fine, i cleaned the battery terminals real well and nothing, the engine doesn't crank.

Please help...
    -Pedro

Check for corrosion around the starter wires.

Proto
    when he goes to start it, it doesnt crank. lights dont dim out or anything. no corrosion on the starter wires either. my conclusion is the starter solenoid.

you can buy the solenoid seperate. i checked with rockauto.com and it's $58.79 with them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Check for corrosion around the starter wires.</div>
    exactly, there was no corrosion...

The car just does nothing when i turn the key. The oil, battery, SES light all stay on when i turn the key as well.

i'm stumpped.
    -Pedro

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kalamidad)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Check for corrosion around the starter wires.</div>
    exactly, there was no corrosion...

The car just does nothing when i turn the key. The oil, battery, SES light all stay on when i turn the key as well.

i'm stumpped.</div>

Problem solved. (loose starter wire)
    -Pedro