The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Stabilizer Link Problem

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Stabilizer Link Problem

ok so i found out that i needed a new stabilizer link on my front right wheel, b/c its broke.

no prob. so i go to Strauss and order 1. pick it up. get to work. put it back on 2 hours later, and presto. the link is on.

sounds good right?

NO

its still bending, which is why it broke in the 1st place...i know it has something to do with my wheel folding in, b/c of the sprint springs but is it folding in b/c of the shocks or b/c something else is bent?
    i ordered my Gr-2's yesterday. i think my OEM shocks are bent. maybe when i change the shocks it'll straighten out. and so will me stabilizer link.

OH AND i tried to get a wheel alignment and they said they couldnt do it b/c i dropped my car. what a bunch of crock. where can i go to get this done. Either in NYC or VA?

BlackGoose
    '07 Charger SXT

How does it ride? Is there a difference in the ride height from left front to right front?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'>How does it ride? Â*Is there a difference in the ride height from left front to right front?</div>

it bears to the right...and my front right wheel is pushed back towards the TRUNK. yup the TRUNK

BlackGoose
    '07 Charger SXT

Sounds like the caster is out of range. Was the vehicle ever in an accident?

get a camber kit
    I'm selling my G

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Sounds like the toe is off. Could be putting more pressure on the suspension. Im not sure of any good alignment shops here or what performance shops have an alignment rack. Make a post on Drag, somebody can help you!

PS. Its now www.vadriven.com instead of Dragva.com
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Sounds like the toe is off. Â*Could be putting more pressure on the suspension. Â*Im not sure of any good alignment shops here or what performance shops have an alignment rack. Â*Make a post on Drag, somebody can help you!

PS. Its now www.vadriven.com instead of Dragva.com</div>

Caster and camber are the only angles that make a vehicle pull. Though very likely the toe is out of range as well. Consquently toe will have to be adjusted when the camber and caster are changed.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Sounds like the caster is out of range. Â*Was the vehicle ever in an accident?</div>

Accident YES

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Sounds like the toe is off. Â*Could be putting more pressure on the suspension. Â*Im not sure of any good alignment shops here or what performance shops have an alignment rack. Â*Make a post on Drag, somebody can help you!

PS. Its now www.vadriven.com instead of Dragva.com</div>

stock shocks would put pressure on the suspension, Right? i took the new stabilzer link of so that wouldnt break. but it sure ws bending in the same direction as bending. there is a shop in Va Beach that was recommended so i'm going there. i'll let ya'll know what he says & does

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Caster and camber are the only angles that make a vehicle pull. Â*Though very likely the toe is out of range as well. Â*Consquently toe will have to be adjusted when the camber and caster are changed.</div>

i looked under and the pole that goes straight to the wheel/brake assembly is on an angle (pushing the wheel towards the trunk) Not sure what part that is.

BlackGoose
    '07 Charger SXT

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Correct. With the wheel being pushed back toward the rear of the car, you can forget about caster, its usually because you bent something. Caster is very seldom adjustable on newer cars, by newer I mean like 2000 and up. Take the wheel off and look at the knuckle, the hub and the control arm, see if you notice any apparent cracks or bends. Next check the tie rod, if the tie rod is bent, it will hold the wheel back. Im not sure if you've done this yet, jack the car up, sprin the wheel and see if it looks wobbly, then switch it for a different wheel, spin that wheel, see how it looks. Im an insurance adjuster, the majority of the time when a wheel is pushed back, its because either a control arm or a knuckle bent.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'>Correct. With the wheel being pushed back toward the rear of the car, you can forget about caster, its usually because you bent something. Caster is very seldom adjustable on newer cars, by newer I mean like 2000 and up. Take the wheel off and look at the knuckle, the hub and the control arm, see if you notice any apparent cracks or bends. Next check the tie rod, if the tie rod is bent, it will hold the wheel back. Im not sure if you've done this yet, jack the car up, sprin the wheel and see if it looks wobbly, then switch it for a different wheel, spin that wheel, see how it looks. Im an insurance adjuster, the majority of the time when a wheel is pushed back, its because either a control arm or a knuckle bent.</div>

i looked under and the pole that goes straight to the wheel/brake assembly is on an angle (pushing the wheel towards the trunk) Not sure what part that is

BlackGoose
    '07 Charger SXT

o0o0o0o0o0ok so it IS the Caster. it IS the camber. it IS the toe. before i went to the shop i had no idea what you guys were talking about BUT i went to this alignment SHOP and he showed me EVERYTHING.

so here goes...

rear alignment
    front alignment
    rear camber assembly (b/c the bolts are frozen, like every other galant/eclipse that comes to his shop)
    front caster
    left front hub assembly
    right front lower control arm

ok with all that said

[LIST]

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: