The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How would I......

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

How would I......

I know that people have put speakers in the rear doors, but how have they wired them?

Current setup is

Front are ran off two channel amp with components

Rear are ran off two channel amp

Both front and rear are ran with audio jacks

My question is if I use factory wiring, for lets say the rear speakers will that throw off the ohm count comeing off the HU and cause it to draw too much power, or do I buy a 4 channel amp and split the audio jack signal.

Not saying I am going to run rear door speakers but just interested in possibly doing it.

theres no rear speakers on our cars??? i never knew that lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(unlimited6986)</div><div class='quotemain'>theres no rear speakers on our cars??? i never knew that lol</div>

doors no, the speakers or on the rear panel

If you have subwoofers with amp in the trunk and the good rear panel speakers you dont need to have rear door speakers.

if you add speakers to your doors you'll get a lot of high end... you can install tweeters back there if their for you passengers... i think the rear speakrs we already have sound good and like rezz said a good sub would be fine...
    R.I.P. My fellow Galant owner. May God be with you and your family.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The F.B.I)</div><div class='quotemain'>if you add speakers to your doors you'll get a lot of high end... you can install tweeters back there if their for you passengers... i think the rear speakrs we already have sound good and like rezz said a good sub would be fine...</div>

I unnderstand that much. But How would you wire them?

positive to positive and negative to negative you dont need an amp for tweeter or reg speakers

Virginia (If I showed you where I live, you would think I was hiding)
    ok. i see what you're trying to do. i don't know much about electrical but i guess u should just splice the rear audio jacks and run them to the doors. that's my educated guess.

To Be Missed....... Otto Racing WAI, K&N Air Filter, Otto Racing Performance Muffler, Header, GReddy Voltage Stabilizer, Strut Bar, APC Aluminum Shifter, Painted Calipers, M3 Mirrors, Optix Headlight Strobes, Audiovox 7.5" DVD Player/Monitor, JVC SD11 Headunit, Pioneer Premier 6x9s, Pioneer Premier 6 1/2s, 12' Rockford Fosgate Punch HX, Lanzar 1200W Amp.

were you thinking of replacing the rear deck speakers w/ speakers in the back doors or were you going to run 3 pairs(2 front 2 in the back doors and 2 on rear deck). If you are going to replace the rear deck w/ speakers in the doors then just run the wiring into the doors and you would have to do some cutting and drilling to get the wires where you want them also you will have to do some kind of fiberglass enclosure mount for the speakers on the doors. If you did just a straight wood enclosure like a sub box it would look kind of bad just hanging on the doors.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant3jl12's)</div><div class='quotemain'>were you thinking of replacing the rear deck speakers w/ speakers in the back doors or were you going to run 3 pairs(2 front 2 in the back doors and 2 on rear deck). If you are going to replace the rear deck w/ speakers in the doors then just run the wiring into the doors and you would have to do some cutting and drilling to get the wires where you want them also you will have to do some kind of fiberglass enclosure mount for the speakers on the doors. If you did just a straight wood Â*enclosure like a sub box it would look kind of bad just hanging on the doors.</div>

I would be running 3 pairs

1 in the front
    1 in the rear doors
    1 in the rear deck

I understand that I would need to run new wires to them.

But are you able to use the factory wiring,because I am not using it now because of the amps.

So if I use the factory wiring That means the HU would be running only one pair of speakers with wires and 2 pair of speakers with audio jacks. If I wire it like this would this cause the HU to run to low of an ohm count

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(raw0055)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant3jl12's)</div><div class='quotemain'>were you thinking of replacing the rear deck speakers w/ speakers in the back doors or were you going to run 3 pairs(2 front 2 in the back doors and 2 on rear deck). If you are going to replace the rear deck w/ speakers in the doors then just run the wiring into the doors and you would have to do some cutting and drilling to get the wires where you want them also you will have to do some kind of fiberglass enclosure mount for the speakers on the doors. If you did just a straight wood Â*enclosure like a sub box it would look kind of bad just hanging on the doors.</div>

I would be running 3 pairs

1 in the front
    1 in the rear doors
    1 in the rear deck

I understand that I would need to run new wires to them.

But are you able to use the factory wiring,because I am not using it now because of the amps.

So if I use the factory wiring That means the HU would be running only one pair of speakers with wires and 2 pair of speakers with audio jacks. If I wire it like this would this cause the HU to run to low of an ohm count</div>

i dont recommend you use the factory wiring b/c the power will become lower due to the factory wiring not being able to hold all that power. so its best to replace the factory wiring or atleast add some more regular wiring to the AMP. But in any case DO NOT SPLICE. too much power from too little source.

BlackGoose
    '07 Charger SXT