The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Turbo converting 7G 4G63 engine

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    phonic

Turbo converting 7G 4G63 engine

I'm not really sure what to search the forums for in this matter, if anyone could point out threads about this subject I would be thrilled to read them.

My goal is to convert my 2.0 GLSi into a turbine engine with 200 fwhp.

I would like to know where to get parts that fits my current engine, so I won't have to make them myself as I am quite new with engines.. I do have some friends who built bi-turbo engines so I do have backup when I get started..

Questions I would like to have answered (couple of them)..
    * Do I need to change my pistons or simply the piston rings.
    * Do I need to change the fuel injectors? Or can I max the current ones out.

etc etc.
    Thanks in advance!

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    I suggest you run for the hills and do a quick search cuz you are about to get flamed upon.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

first, welcome to the forms
    second, please just look around, 200whp isnt hard w/ a good 4g63 and a decent tuned turbo..
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Im confused. Currently your 7g has a non-turbo 4g63 engine correct? Do you know if its a 7bolt or 6bolt? At any rate, it is a non-turbo motor and will need to be built a bit to reliably handle 200whp+.

If I were you, I would just see about getting a JDM Galant VR4 4g63t motor. A stock JDM 4g63t will handle 200whp easily, even with the stock 14b turbo.

If you want to keep your stock engine, its goign to be a lot more work and more likely more money as well. But yes, you would need larger injectors for a turbo setup of any kind.
    7g for life!

phonic
    Thank you for the replies.

Getting the VR4 engine is one solution, but on the other hand building my stock 4G63 engine would be alot more fun. Yes, it will cost me a lesser fortune but in the end it will be worth it all.

The current plan is to lower the compression to about 8.5-9.5, Im quite sure how to fix that in about $1.5k

Then I will get an td04-15 from Saab 9-3 and an intercooler from Saab 9k. Modifying the stock exhaust or purchasing one, if there is any to get on the aftermarket.

Modify the injectors to get some more fuel pressure.

It "could" be done within the range of $2.5k and that isnt really to bad.

M&T Designs
    You might have a hard time finding a manifold for that turbo.

phonic
    Quote Originally Posted by M&T Designs
    You might have a hard time finding a manifold for that turbo.
    I can probably use the VR4 manifold else, I will have someone to make me one... For a lesser fortune

jojo85
    try ebay, or froogle.com