The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: MY TRUNK WONT OPEN

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

MY TRUNK WONT OPEN

Iv tried evrything it still wont open its not the latch or anyhting i think i slamm'd it 2 hard 1 day and now it wont open ive went into the trunk but couldn't find anything does any1 know how i could fix it or find a plzce 2 fix it 4 A CHEAP PRICE i dont know how much mitshubishi would charge me for it

I would take it to the dealer, I am sure they would charge you an hour or two of labor, and sounds like you might need a new latch so how much they ever charge you for that.
    Love,
    Matt

what year and model...

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    the latch costs 26 bucks at the dealer...just buy it and replace it yourself...

Do a search, some got some really good advice on the same situation about two months ago...
    -Pedro

Quote Originally Posted by Kalamidad
    Do a search, some got some really good advice on the same situation
    Yeah do a search before posting your question and Welcome to TGC!

you said you tried everything. what have you tried exactly?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    agh, i'm feeling good. Here you go I did a search for "truck won't open" and it was like number 3 or 4.
    -Pedro

come on now.. everything..

in other words.. u went into the backseat.. folded it down.. crawlled to the back.. and tried to open it..

if u really want to open it.. like if u seriously need something.. get a crobar..jimmy it in and break it open... ive done that with couple of shitvics..dont know wat other damage it does.. but its worth a shot..
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

this actually happened to me recently. all i did was go in through the trunk (remember i have a DE so there is no pass thru) and unscrewed the latch from the trunk, lifted the trunk, went around from outside and pryed the latch off the thing it catches onto. im guessing over time the latches can jam themselves. i bought a new one for like $30 at the dealership. the new one came with a glow in the dark saftey pull too. the only advise i have for this job is save the little clip that goes over the lock cylinder that connects to the latch. i lost mine and now it only opens from the inside. the mitsu dealership had to order one
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

cadaver1
    same thing happened to mine. what happens is that the latch has a metal piece above the actual catch that would not goo all the way to "unlock" because of the switch that allows you to either have the light on or off in the trunk. i cut that part off and no problems since.(no light either, but hey, the trunk opens!)