The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Gas gauge?

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    TGC Regular

Gas gauge?

Ok funny stuff. My gas needle goes all the way to E. And only then the light lights up. But i know my tank is not empty. Cause i drove only 275 miles and thats when the lights turned on. The tank what it said on the manual is 16.4? So i should at least hit 300. So when i do, i will go fill it up to see how many gallons i had left.
    But why does it go all the way to E in such short period of time? Does that mean my sensor is not working properly or is it designed that way to tell u that u better fill it up?
    D.

the light doesn't go on when your tank is bone dry. it lights up after you have a certain level of gas remaining.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

TGC Regular
    i know that. Im talking about on my previous cars The light went on when i had 1/4 left. And when ti would be completely on E, i know i wouldve had like 10-20 miles left.
    On this car, It got on E and only then it lit up, but as i said, i know i still have like 2-3 gallons left. Thus the needle right now is a little below E...

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    you might have to recalibrate it that happenened to me when i changed to the indiglow guages and installed leds.......i accidentally nudged the gas needle off and you have to "let it find itself again" just keep filling up and then park somewhere in the gas station take off the clear cover and the shrowd that cover the guages take the needle off and put it back on F then tap it down to see if it goes back to where you put it........ it might not work the first time, it actually took me 5 tries before it worked but now mine is fine just make sure that you fill up every day before you go out driving a lot to save money lol especially with gas prices these days

TGC Regular
    Hmm interesting idea. When i was tryign to see how long it will least, i only had 2 gallons left befoe i filled up again. and after i did, it's been more steadier. so now at like 250 and it shows 1/4 left. So more or less normal i guess. but thanks for the advice!