The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Couple Questions

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    phizz2k

Couple Questions

ok Well I took another visit to my local junk yard and noticed a 1995 eclipse turbo... It didn't have the turbo on it however I took the manifold to match up with a 1g talon turbo I got there before...I heard something about this ecu being valuable so i cut it out and left it there for later.

The yard wants 50 bucks for the ecu (no gurantee)... Is this worth it?
    Also I would like to get a few things from this car if I decide to do a headswap but I do not know the location of the power transistor and Knock sensor.

Reading jips tutorial on the headswap, says you need the coil pack but is that the igniton coil pack or coil pack for the spark plugs? Oh yea are the cams in this motor different from the N/A 4g63 motors being its a 4g63T?

yea grab that ecu.. i dont see many go bad.. is it awd? even if not u got a 5lug rear disc upgrade.. if its awd u got a big project if u choose..
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

Re: Couple Questions

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(phizz2k)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok Well I took another visit to my local junk yard and noticed a 1995 eclipse Â*turbo... It didn't have the turbo on it however I took the manifold to match up with a 1g talon turbo I got there before...I heard something about this ecu being valuable so i cut it out and left it there Â*for later.

The yard wants 50 bucks for the ecu (no gurantee)... Is this worth it?
    Also I would like to get a few things from this car if I decide to do a headswap but I do not know the location of the power transistor and Knock sensor. Â*

Reading jips tutorial on the headswap, says you need the coil pack but is that the igniton coil pack or coil pack for the spark plugs? Oh yea are the cams in this motor different from the N/A 4g63 motors being its a 4g63T?</div>

seth will buy that ecu for 120 bucks oif you get it for him.
    you should get it for him
    he needs it

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

phizz2k
    I don't really plan on doing any big upgrades right now but I know someone here could use it so thats why I was thinking of getting it.... Seth has hooked me up with things in the past so I would give him a good price on it if he needs it.....

If anyone else needs anything from this car like the rear sway bar, let me know.. .