The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: my g ride is having problem

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

my g ride is having problem

heres the deal once again lets say im driving a/c on no problems at all heres the deal when driving with a/c on for long period of time and then turning a/c off the car will run hot or when a/c is not even on its runs hot only when stopped this problem is only when stoped but i can not figure it out cause with a/c on it puts more strain on motor so im not gettgin why it only does it when the a/c is off the needle raises about 3/4 way up and when u move again its fine i got bout 87000 miles on my car anyone got any ideas please help asap beofre i blow head gasket or somethign internal

Do you regularly add coolant?

Have you ever changed the thermostat?

Have you ever changed the timing belt and water pump?

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    Also check your fans, make sure they are coming on.

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

Check the water te4mp thermostat, I had to change mine about 2 weeks ago because it was sticking closed. The car was overheating withing minutes of starting. The top hose that comes out of the engine was way hot and the bottom water hose was cold because the water was not circulating.

hey

changin thermopstate today trying it out

Well I am postin this for 01on20inch. He has changed his thermostat and he also said when he cuts on the a/c both fans cut off. What is causin this?

Back from the dead!!!

hey

no when u turn a/c on both fans come on and when u turn a/c off both fans go off thats the new problem is that normal or no

Re: hey

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(01on20inch)</div><div class='quotemain'>no when u turn a/c on both fans come on and when u turn a/c off both fans go off thats the new problem is that normal or no</div>

normal.

jCandelas
    Did you check if your fans are on. They could be activating late. When you are at a stop ( with the AC off ) and you see that you are above normal temp check if your fans are on. Don’t wait until you the needle reeds 3/4 of the way because the fans may have come on by then. better yet try this in your drive way just let it idle and see when the fans are activated. Notes on A/C and fan speed: The fan is a variable speed fan and the ECU takes signals from the A/C, engine coolant tamp, speed, and one more but cant remember. It uses these signals to determine fan speed. When your A/C is on and A/C pump is cycling the ECU will drive the fans at full speed to cool both the condenser and radiator. When the A/C pump is not cycling the fans should speed up as needed ( i think )dependent on the engine temp. The reason your car heats up with the A/C is that when the A/C pump is off the condenser is still hot and heats up the air before it gets to the radiator. If the fans are not spinning fast enough you don’t pull enough cool air to cool the radiator down. This is very similar to what is happening to my GTZ.