The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Window Troubles

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Window Troubles

Ok I have a 96 galant S with power windows. The only problem though is, the switch on my drivers side doesn't completely work. These are all from the drivers window switch. The driver window doesn't go down at all, the passenger window can go down, but not up. The rear windows will go down no problem. I am at a loss. :cry:

do the other switches work properly?? it might be a bad switch

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

check the switch and just in case....the main harness.

I pulled the switch out and i cleaned all the dust away to see if it would help. Didn't make a difference, but the other switch in the passenger side works fine. It's just the drivers side window wont go down and the passenger window can't go up from the driver sides switch

Proto
    this is a common problem i see. the master window switch tends to go bad. buy a another one, used or new.

will any 7g master switch work?

theres some auctions goin on right now on ebay.check um out.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?s...prclo=&saprchi=

Yea, I checked em out, just wanted to make sure all 94-98 worked. Also, do you know if all 94-98 headlights all fit the same?

Proto
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmoneydawg
    Yea, I checked em out, just wanted to make sure all 94-98 worked. Also, do you know if all 94-98 headlights all fit the same?
    check the pins on your window switch, they vary. all 94-98 headlights are the same.

The headlights are the same, except i forget which ones, have just a tiny bit of black towards the grills.
    Signature wanted call: 1800-Darkkend

<a>Take Better Photoshots Tips from the Pro's</a>

Experienced TGC Member
    I had that problem with mine.. i took it completely apart and i found some corrosion on the circuit board.. and i scraped it away gently. So check yours and see if it is corroded (sorry if my spelling is wrong). When you take it apart make sure to lift the bottom end off and leave the front facing downward so the little plastic things dont fall all over the place. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkend
    The headlights are the same, except i forget which ones, have just a tiny bit of black towards the grills.
    '94-96 have a little black. Yours don't have any black. I believe. Well, mine have black. :?

<span style="color:#000000">1996 Mitsubishi Galant ES Premium</span>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jjmoneydawg)</div><div class='quotemain'>I pulled the switch out and i cleaned all the dust away to see if it would help. Didn't make a difference, but the other switch in the passenger side works fine. It's just the drivers side window wont go down and the passenger window can't go up from the driver sides switch</div>

This happens to mine too, I think that if your master switch actually works properly just send back to Mitsubisi and they'll fix it so that it won't LOL
    Why I got half a mind to...ahhh...never mind I just got half a mind.

Well I finally had the time and got my window working(due to inspection rejection). I needed a new switch and a new regulator, but got them working so I am elated. Thanks for the help everyone.