The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How about the fuel injector cleaner

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    coolblind

How about the fuel injector cleaner

Or any other gasline additives? Such as STP Super Concentrated Fuel Injector Cleaner.

Are there any negative impact to the fuel system?

Calipso
    I was wondering the same thing. I got a crappy batch of gas in Pennsylvania which was REALLY messing with my acceleration and made my car buck and kick. (Probably dirty gas causing it to clog the injectors.)

I usually use fuel injector cleaner once a month and fuel system cleaner every oil change. Anyone with any knowledge about additives?

coolblind
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE("Calipso")</div><div class='quotemain'>I was wondering the same thing. Â*I got a crappy batch of gas in Pennsylvania which was REALLY messing with my acceleration and made my car buck and kick. Â*(Probably dirty gas causing it to clog the injectors.)

I usually use fuel injector cleaner once a month and fuel system cleaner every oil change. Â*Anyone with any knowledge about additives?</div>

So, have you seen any improvement on ur car after using these?

if you get gas at a good quality gas station, you shouldn't need any additive cleaners cuz its already with the gas.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    i like to add fuiel injector cleaners because its cheap and gives me a nice placebo, thinking my car is running better and cleaner. It aint, but my mind gets made up that it is after i put some in

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'>i like to add fuiel injector cleaners because its cheap and gives me a nice placebo, thinking my car is running better and cleaner. It aint, but my mind gets made up that it is after i put some in</div>

cheep stuff wouldnt help if there was a problem.. only the $50+ is any good.. we have a kit and for 69.99 we add a bottle in ur tank, clean ur t/b and add a special can straight in at the t/b while car is running
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

coolblind
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE("SuperGALANT")</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE("Serstylz2")</div><div class='quotemain'>i like to add fuiel injector cleaners because its cheap and gives me a nice placebo, thinking my car is running better and cleaner. It aint, but my mind gets made up that it is after i put some in</div>

cheep stuff wouldnt help if there was a problem.. only the $50+ is any good.. we have a kit and for 69.99 we add a bottle in ur tank, clean ur t/b and add a special can straight in at the t/b while car is running</div>

So should all of these above be done at a car care center or repaire shop? In fact, the Big O tir offer this kind of service in my area.

its good to run some fuel system cleaner once a year or so.
    i would however reccomend repacing your fuel filter if you have one(7g's have one) they get pretty dirty and very restricitive over time.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SuperGALANT)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'>i like to add fuiel injector cleaners because its cheap and gives me a nice placebo, thinking my car is running better and cleaner. It aint, but my mind gets made up that it is after i put some in</div>

cheep stuff wouldnt help if there was a problem.. only the $50+ is any good.. we have a kit and for 69.99 we add a bottle in ur tank, clean ur t/b and add a special can straight in at the t/b while car is running</div>

ooh i didnt realize we were talkin about if a problem was around, i jus add it for shits n giggles

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    man i used to put cleaners every tank full and i loved it. til i moved to guam were the cleaners cost like 4 sometin!!

RollinBishiStyle
    From what ive learned the stuff you put in your gas tank doesnt do any good because it isnt strong enough(dont remember why but it has something to do with what you can put in your tank). Ive cleaned the fuel injectors on a few car, the way we did it is to hook a canister with about a 90% 10% cleaner directly into the fuel line, disable the pump and let the car run off the canister, in about 39min it will die and its done. No placibo, you can check your gas milage and notice a nice difference. We only did it on cars with over 75k, were told you dont really need it before then. Hope that helps.

Experienced TGC Member
    I use Marvel Mystery oil. Half in the oil half in the tank. I must say for the 2 bucks that it costs it pretty much pays for itself and then some because of the gas mileage difference. HOWEVER once that tank is gone then fuel economy goes back to what it was before the shit was added.. So.. Does it work? Or does it not??

Quote Originally Posted by Serstylz2
    ooh i didnt realize we were talkin about if a problem was around, i jus add it for shits n giggles
    and thats all its good for
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...