The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Now i can start on my 4G63T swap

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Now i can start on my 4G63T swap

Just got my car back from a buddy of mine who threw some paint on it for me. It used to be black and the clear coat was fadded really bad. Got the motor on the engine stand but I lost one washer for the arp head studs. Other than that its ready to rock.

hit me up tomorrow and i'll sell you the grills you need for cheap.

car actually looks decent.
    yellow can work for some people.

btw,
    whats up with the hood?

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Well the hood is actually just sheet metal. I tore all the underside out a couple of years ago. I figured if he painted it too, the paint would just flake off as its really flimsy. Its just black primer. Once the motor's in i'm going to cut out mitsubishi diamonds in the hood with the bottom two right above the turbo and manifold to help disapate heat. Fill it in with some yellow mesh grille. I'm all about home made and all about cutting this car up.

if you're serious about relieving heat from the engine bay, go with a carbontrix hood vent. like this: http://www.carbontrix.com/images/shortvent-cf.jpg

this will actually vent heat from under the hood, reducing your temps during sustained runs. cutting holes in the hood will not necessarily work, it may end up just forcing air into the bay, blocking the heat in, and causing a buildup of air under the car, and thus increasing lift. not good.

there's really no reason for a hoodvent though, unless you are road racing or some other form of long sustained runs like that, and if you are doing that, you should also have a good oil-air engine oil cooler, and possibly a good trans fluid oil cooler, and perhaps a better radiator, and also ducting from the front openings to the heat exchanger(s).

i'm not suggesting everyone run out and get hood vents, just the turbo/sc/extreme compression guy who will be doing sustained runs.