The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: stuck window????

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    salvsoltero

stuck window????

so my driver side window rolls up halfway and then all of a sudden gets stuck and i have to push the window up so that it would go up all the way..... what should i do

Proto
    lube the tracks with silicone spray.

Steve83
    Either you have a rail that popped out of place, or a line is getting caught, or the rubber around your window is warped.

Check all those.

If that doesn't work, then odds are good there's a short in the motor windings. It happens as they get older. If a 7g is anything like an 8g as far as the motor goes it's not a hard thing to replace.
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.

mine was doing that til last week when i lubed it

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cntrylvr79
    If that doesn't work, then odds are good there's a short in the motor windings. It happens as they get older. If a 7g is anything like an 8g as far as the motor goes it's not a hard thing to replace.

Do u know how to replace the motor... I might have to look into that. Cause My roll up very slow and when it rains it sometimes stops

Quote Originally Posted by Proto
    lube the tracks with silicone spray.
    Where do u buy that stuff at? And where extactly are the tracks at?

salvsoltero
    I HAVENT TAKEN THE DOOR PANEL APART BUT IT SHOULDNT BE THAT HARD TO DO BUT HOW MUCH IS A NEW MOTOR

A new motor for a 8g installed is almost $280 the motor itself is like $150 or something i cant remember. You want to use lithium grease in a spray can to lube the tracks. Lube the tracks before you do anything because it can make a huge difference.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Insane99
    A new motor for a 8g installed is almost $280 the motor itself is like $150 or something i cant remember. You want to use lithium grease in a spray can to lube the tracks. Lube the tracks before you do anything because it can make a huge difference.
    where specially are the tracks at??

chaseman94

halfway crooked

i think i have the same problem. my driver side window comes up straight but halfway it goes crooked then i have to hold it so it goes up straight how can i keep it from doing this over and over again. I roll down my windows everytime i ride out since my a/c doesn't run without making my car idle sluggish.

Sounds like the regulator bolts are loose. That or the arms are bent. If the arms are bent then the only option is to relplace it. Trying to unbend a bent regulator arm is useless.
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.