The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Custom grill

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    lemonnamedsteve

Custom grill

Ok, so I removed the stock grill, foglights and bezels, I got some aluminum screen (looks the same as the mesh, only I could pick it up for $7 bucks at home depot for about a doors worth) I was going to install it...but i just realisec i have no idea how

I was thinking something like taking some ridigid wire (like hangers) and form them and wrap them then solider them shut and hook em up somehow

anyone got any suggestions?

were r u putting the mesh in?? bottom bumper, inside the grille inserts?

lemonnamedsteve
    Yea, its just so i can start doing stuff, and I do small side projects, If I like the way it looks I may just do it for my cyber 2 bumper

Yea, where the stock fins and the fog light assembly, and the radiator openings are

i'm doing something similar today...i know no b/c of you thats it's only lyke $7 for a sheet so i'm happy but right under the license plate i'm makin the bumper look aftermarket with the mesh...

lemonnamedsteve
    Ok, so i'm thinking that I can Take some ridgid wire (hangers or something like that) and then put them through the stock holes (no drilling, yeay)

But the problem that I think I'm going to run into is getting the mesh around the wire...Possibly solder? then fold it a bit so you can't see it?

i wedged mine in there and used a lil bit of gorilla glue also u can use a hot glue gun and then trim off the dry glue that looks bad and either way its clear, as for the home depot mesh i dnt think its as think n strong as the real mesh so it might flex wit the wind and indent wit the wind....put it in every opening of the cyber kit amd itll look hot, wen u hav a kit wit no mesh in it it looks too plan, thats my opinion....let us kno wut u do

you gotta make your sig smaller too lemon

lemonnamedsteve
    Right, I may go get some chicken mesh to hold it up for the wind scenario...that'll add like 4 bucks, but i guess it would be worth it so it doesn't look ghetto.

Yea, if this works out I may do it on my cyber 2 body kit and bondo it inside, but I'll proably look into a real one or billett grills

i did mine wen i had my stock bumpers, i put in in the grille as well as the bottom and color toned my grilles...i used black mesh so a lil hard to c

without the grille painted

i think this makes ur car look so much better if u ask me

lemonnamedsteve
    yea, but I've removed everything, and I'm not gonna put it back on just cover the holes with the meshand I'll proably put on some re-enforcement...It'll be for a few weeks till i get my kit, then i'll do something more perment