The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: looking for mpg guage

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28
    TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>Sorry I was late with the post on this guys, I just saw it. Yes I have the ScanGauge II. I've had it for about 3 months, since it was first released. Like Pinoy said, I love it. The readings are instantaneous, you can set up to four different gauge readouts to display at once. It's totally accurate because it reads the data directly from your ECU through the OBDII port. The unit is really small and has a backlight that you can customize the colors on. It does measure MPG, and as long as you set it up right with engine size, tank size and fuel type, I've found its almost 100% accurate. You reset it every time you fill up with how many gallons you pumped and it calculates from there. As for the gauges, it will display almost everything you might want, including TPS, Engine Load, IAT, Water Temp, RPM, Volts, MPH and MPG. Installation and setup takes about 10 minutes. It will also read and reset any SES codes. It doesn't give the explanation of the code, just the code itself, but display and resetting codes is all done with one button. I like it so much I replaced all my pod gauges with the ScanGauge. Because it's so small you can put it anywhere and have a constant readout of what your car is doing.

If you guys want to know anything else about this unit based on my experience, just ask...</div>

One problem for me Fishboy... I dont fill up using Gallons any more.. I use Liters.... I think the conversion is 1.6...such as divide liters by 1.6 and u get ur gallons I think..
    Donovan J.

Need something from england..or other eastern nations holla...
    I dont mind looking.

Car: Toyota Soarer GT-T Jspec "Limited"
    Galant: at home chillaxen :(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Donovan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>Sorry I was late with the post on this guys, I just saw it. Yes I have the ScanGauge II. I've had it for about 3 months, since it was first released. Like Pinoy said, I love it. The readings are instantaneous, you can set up to four different gauge readouts to display at once. It's totally accurate because it reads the data directly from your ECU through the OBDII port. The unit is really small and has a backlight that you can customize the colors on. It does measure MPG, and as long as you set it up right with engine size, tank size and fuel type, I've found its almost 100% accurate. You reset it every time you fill up with how many gallons you pumped and it calculates from there. As for the gauges, it will display almost everything you might want, including TPS, Engine Load, IAT, Water Temp, RPM, Volts, MPH and MPG. Installation and setup takes about 10 minutes. It will also read and reset any SES codes. It doesn't give the explanation of the code, just the code itself, but display and resetting codes is all done with one button. I like it so much I replaced all my pod gauges with the ScanGauge. Because it's so small you can put it anywhere and have a constant readout of what your car is doing.

If you guys want to know anything else about this unit based on my experience, just ask...</div>

One problem for me Fishboy... I dont fill up using Gallons any more.. I use Liters.... I think the conversion is 1.6...such as divide liters by 1.6 and u get ur gallons I think..</div>

forget the metric conversions. can you even use that with your car? does your car even have an obd-ii port? doubt it.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Donovan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>Sorry I was late with the post on this guys, I just saw it. Yes I have the ScanGauge II. I've had it for about 3 months, since it was first released. Like Pinoy said, I love it. The readings are instantaneous, you can set up to four different gauge readouts to display at once. It's totally accurate because it reads the data directly from your ECU through the OBDII port. The unit is really small and has a backlight that you can customize the colors on. It does measure MPG, and as long as you set it up right with engine size, tank size and fuel type, I've found its almost 100% accurate. You reset it every time you fill up with how many gallons you pumped and it calculates from there. As for the gauges, it will display almost everything you might want, including TPS, Engine Load, IAT, Water Temp, RPM, Volts, MPH and MPG. Installation and setup takes about 10 minutes. It will also read and reset any SES codes. It doesn't give the explanation of the code, just the code itself, but display and resetting codes is all done with one button. I like it so much I replaced all my pod gauges with the ScanGauge. Because it's so small you can put it anywhere and have a constant readout of what your car is doing.

One problem for me Fishboy... I dont fill up using Gallons any more.. I use Liters.... I think the conversion is 1.6...such as divide liters by 1.6 and u get ur gallons I think..</div>
    Not a problem for you son, if you have an OBDII port. ScanGauge reads in both Metric and non-metric. Liters and KPH.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

well this thing seems like it will be a good investment, thanks alot guys.....oh yea fishboy can you take a pic of where you got yours mounted so i can just get an idea.
    2004 Nissan Maxima3.5 V6 DOHC

just ordered mine :thumbsup: . yeah i wanna see where you have yours mounted too. Im thinking about putting it to the left of my steering wheel on the dash, where that little air vent thingie is.
    2003 Dover White Mitsubishi Galant ES

1997 Tarmac Black Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(proteusx301)</div><div class='quotemain'>just ordered mine Â*:thumbsup: . Â* yeah i wanna see where you have yours mounted too. Â*Im thinking about putting it to the left of my steering wheel on the dash, where that little air vent thingie is.</div>

sweet bro!!!!!!!
    2004 Nissan Maxima3.5 V6 DOHC

Experienced TGC Member
    170 bucks sounds like its well worth the investment............ Correct me if im wrong but a decent OBDII scan tool costs almost the same and this is more than just a scan tool...... Maybe ill get one in the future.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(newguyonblock)</div><div class='quotemain'>well this thing seems like it will be a good investment, thanks alot guys.....oh yea fishboy can you take a pic of where you got yours mounted so i can just get an idea.</div>

Mine's mounted in the pocket below the A/C controls. I'll try and take a picture of it this afternoon. The cable has an RJ45 connector on the gauge side and the OBDII connector on the other, so running the cable is really easy.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12