The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: carbon fiber trunk not flush

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    I recently got ahold of a cf hood and trunk locally and got to install them yesterday. The hood came with hood pins and no rods so i bought that drilled the support and that fits beautiful. I installed the trunk and played with the latch and bent it slightly on the trunk side and that latches fine. My problem is that i tried to add washers and what not to even / flush the trunk and i can only get the rear part closes to my window to flush close enough. The portion towards the rear of my car will not go down any further for some reason. Now i ran the search and found out you guys played with the latch and used washers but can anyone elaborate as to where and what they used exactly.

Also as for the evo cf hood, did you have problems with the smallest vent being open and getting water in..?? thanks for any help..

John
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    never had the trunk but i have the erebuni evo cf hood all the vents are open and water did get in of course but never had a problem

Hey John...
    I am not following whatcha mean about where the trunk isn't flush. I installed my CF trunk about a month ago, and I added washers to each of the bolts under the latch thats in the trunk. (The latch attached to the car). My trunk sits a little bit high towards the rear window, but I have no problem with leaks, as my weather stripping is good and the trunk sits right on it creating a seal all around. I was thinking to make it sit flush by the window, maybe to bend the arms that the trunk is bolted on to. As far as the vents in the hood. I really haven't stopped to check after I have driven in the rain to see what's wet under my hood, but I don't think anyone that has the hood has experienced any problems because of the vents.
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

thanks for the replys..
    im referring to the fact that the rear towards the license plate is sticking up about an inch or so more than my rear panel so its horribly high. Its not touching my weather stripping as it is on the sides where it should be. I fixed the latch and it latches fine with the spacers but i cannot get it to sit down level..
    I wouldnt mind if it was touching the weather stripping but its not. I have a rear bumper molded from the cyber bodykit but i dont think that would make a diff?? I hope that cleared it up.. Towards my windshield i put some washers on the trunk hinge to make the rear sit down and that is almost perfect but as you go towards the license plate the hood gradually rises above the rear panels and off the stripping..

Ill try to take some pics later but im at work.. Im afraid it might rain since im in FL and it rains a lot i dont want my trunk soaking..
    Thanks again

John
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

for all with the evo cf hood and open intake like injen aem or wuteva.. No one has any problems with the open side vent and the guard??? or did everyone shut the vents closed somehow>???? thanks john

I have the cf monster hood with open vents. water will obviously leak in, but nothing that will really cause any issues. For the intake to really suck in water and do damage it has to be completely submerged under water. some drops here and there is no big deal and thats all you're going to get from the vent.
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

Quote Originally Posted by SinSere
    I have the cf monster hood with open vents. water will obviously leak in, but nothing that will really cause any issues. For the intake to really suck in water and do damage it has to be completely submerged under water. some drops here and there is no big deal and thats all you're going to get from the vent.

thanks -- i new some would but i wasnt sure... --- appreciate it.. John

some pics...