The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Vinyl wrapping.

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    Calipso
    I'm wanting to wrap my armrest with black vinyl.

Any tips? I know several of you guys have done it with moderate success.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    really cant "wrap" it wouldnt think you would probroblly need to sew it the the size and stretch it over that would be the best way if you do "wrap it" you would probrobbly have to throw in a lot of staples on the underside and it wouldnt look a clean...unfortunatelly you cant really paint it either because that is one of those areas that are in constant contact and it would rub off over time

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1
    really cant "wrap" it wouldnt think you would probroblly need to sew it the the size and stretch it over that would be the best way if you do "wrap it" you would probrobbly have to throw in a lot of staples on the underside and it wouldnt look a clean...unfortunatelly you cant really paint it either because that is one of those areas that are in constant contact and it would rub off over time

^^^^^^^ yep i agree. i have been trying to figure out how to "wrap" it myself but the only thing i could come up with was to somehow figure out the measurments and just sew and stretch a piece over it. and as a temperary fix while im figureing it out i did paint it and just as stated it is rubbing off from the constant contact. the only way i see to go is to sew

01 Galant ES V6 R.I.P
    ROB
    U.S ARMY...THANX FOR YOUR SUPPORT

Im guessing you could just stretch and staple the vinyl like I did my bike seat.

hasn't faded one bit in a year and a half... just have to take care of it... it's called leather luster. if you follow the instructions on the can or on the website you can't go wrong... and then just pledge it every week or so... i'll take some new pics of my interior this weekend after i clean my car and show what it looks like now...

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdman13

hasn't faded one bit in a year and a half... just have to take care of it... it's called leather luster. if you follow the instructions on the can or on the website you can't go wrong... and then just pledge it every week or so... i'll take some new pics of my interior this weekend after i clean my car and show what it looks like now...

to shinny for me...trying to dull out my interior, good idea though....are you military or ex military?? where did you find the leather luster?? im so glad i dont have to use that crap anymore lol

01 Galant ES V6 R.I.P
    ROB
    U.S ARMY...THANX FOR YOUR SUPPORT

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar

that looks pretty good how much is the leather luster? just curious?

Holy crap thats shiny!!! Looks good. How does leather luster apply? Any rub off?

Lo§'s 99 GTZ

TGC Regular

I had leather luster on my boots when I went to tech school at Keesler AFB. My instructor told me about it and I was hooked. No more polishing and shinning boots :laughing:

Calipso
    Quote Originally Posted by devgrp
    I had leather luster on my boots when I went to tech school at Keesler AFB. My instructor told me about it and I was hooked. No more polishing and shinning boots :laughing:

Only time I polished and shined boots was in boot camp. Other times I just ended up using cheaters (Dress shoes that were pre-shined and stayed perfect for 2+ years)

From tonight where SLS2000 and I worked on the armrest. (Hood also)

I think we did a great job since my armrest was the guinea pig for future projects. Including Zobgels.

Censee
    u can have anyone sew where the sides are at,, therefore making the "folding" edge on the armrest less likely to get wrinkly....thats the better thing to do,,thats how some oem letaher wrapped armrests come