The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Eclipse seatbelts.

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    Calipso
    Well, I had some spare time today prior to preparing to go to work. I got my whole rear seat area insulated with ghetto mat, fun times. Easy stuff.

Unfortunately my eclipse seat belts (Bought them on club3g) aren't tailor matched to go right into the Galant. Anyone else able to fit those seat belts into the 8G? The brackets are different and going to require alot of bending, but the bolt sizes that hold in the eclipse belts in are MUCH smaller than the Galant bolts. I'm talking about the actual belt assembly that is bolted in above the rear strut mounts.

I wanted black seat belts, instead I end up with a whole rear interior exposed until I figure out how to do it. :laughing:

that's odd... the front fit perfectly... do some drilling... i know there's some way to modify them to make them fit...

Calipso
    Well, how do you suggest I do the drilling? I mean, the galant bolts are bigger than the eclipse seat belt assembly hole. The only thing I think I could attach the seat belt assembly to without any drilling is the bracket to the strut assembly and have the nut over the bracket.

I'll take pics and explain what I'm talking about. If it didn't rain yesterday, SLS2000 could have witnessed the confusion.

I have no mental picture of this but

If you were to make the holes bigger on the assembly to allow the Galant bolts to go through would that work.
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

Quote Originally Posted by SLS2000

If you were to make the holes bigger on the assembly to allow the Galant bolts to go through would that work.
    Ditto. drill out those holes and mount 'em,man.....wait that didn't....ahh screw it. lol

Calipso
    Quote Originally Posted by SLS2000

You know, it is always the most simple thing that I don't get. I can be Mr. Complex idea, but simple plan goes right past me.