The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: hood wont lock

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    my hood wont lock. the hood closes but the locking mechanism wont click. the hood will close up to only the release lever after you pop the popper after that it wont click into place theres a hug gap above the passenger headlight. last major thing i did to the car was correct my upper mounts on the coiloevers which required to remove the strut bar and reinstall it. it closed right after all that was done. but last night it didnt. i removed the strut bar but it still wouldnt lock. so i put it back on. what can I do?? need help asap!!!
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Did it recently get real cold where u are? Mine did the same thing when winter hit, some days it'd lock and some days it'd stick.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover
    my hood wont lock. the hood closes but the locking mechanism wont click. the hood will close up to only the release lever after you pop the popper after that it wont click into place theres a hug gap above the passenger headlight. last major thing i did to the car was correct my upper mounts on the coiloevers which required to remove the strut bar and reinstall it. it closed right after all that was done. but last night it didnt. i removed the strut bar but it still wouldnt lock. so i put it back on. what can I do?? need help asap!!!
    Have you checked that the bump stops are screwed all the way down???
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Serstylz2
    Did it recently get real cold where u are? Mine did the same thing when winter hit, some days it'd lock and some days it'd stick.
    yeah, temp went down drastically over the weekend.... what should i do about it then? wait? what if i PB blaster the latch??

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    Have you checked that the bump stops are screwed all the way down???
    I was told to do that so will do when my father gets back from work with the car.

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

fixed it, something was stuck between the popper and the popper spring...