The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: brakes

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2
    ok, so I'm planning on converting my brakes to EVO brembos, but after reading a couple of chicago's posts, i found out that the wheel will be sticking out of the fender a little. this makes me question if there is any alternative BBK's that I can use with 4-pots in the front and 2-pots in the back??? I want to be able to slam the car so I want an offset close to the stock Galant offset which is around 45mm if im correct? so i could use 18's without rubbing....
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover
    ok, so I'm planning on converting my brakes to EVO brembos, but after reading a couple of chicago's posts, i found out that the wheel will be sticking out of the fender a little. this makes me question if there is any alternative BBK's that I can use with 4-pots in the front and 2-pots in the back??? I want to be able to slam the car so I want an offset close to the stock Galant offset which is around 45mm if im correct? so i could use 18's without rubbing....

there is very few rims with +42mm or 40 probably, that will fit with the evo brembos. I needed 17 mm of space with a 45mm offset 18in rim.. MY spokes are a pretty good design also as they stay towards the outside giving a slight bit more room to fit a brake caliper.. u will probably need 35 to 38 mm offset with rims made for the evo 8 or that fit the evo 8 ... they will most likely stick out a few mm.. ive seen some that are 40 mm and fit over the caliper so u may get luck.. my tire sticks out about 10 mm i guess i forget the number.. they dont look horrible but and its not too noticeable..
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted