The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: side view mirror housing fell off lol

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    so the story is my sister tore off the pass side mirror housing when backing out of the garage once and i put it back on and its been semi snug since

just this weekend, on the highway, when i hit a *certain speed* it decided to fall off. its still attached with the power mirror cable. right now i have a shoelace rigged to hold it up

so i guess im asking for best glue or whatever to glue it back on.. ive tried some 5 dollar stuff from kragens, but that was no good. i heard ZAPGLUE is very strong, but whatever the factory used in the first place would be best lol

btw, if you know, theres the 3 holes for the 3 nut end things that it goes into. the first hole on the mirror housing is cracked. so really, its only got 2 good slots. :(

help is appreciated. feels like my car is falling apart. lol

if the hole for the mirror studs are ripped, just make what's left of the hole flat and then just use a fender washer between the door and the nut.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    i kind of see what your saying and with my interpretation, im guessing the whole outside mirror is dangling if thats the case just rig it up with the shoelcae or whatever for now and get a new one i wouldnt put glue and crap all over my car

If it's not broken bad by the studs you should be able to glue it back. In case you end up like I did with my drivers side one (glue didn't help anymore lol) I have the good passanger side mirror for sale.

This exact same thing happened to me when I was backing out of the garage one day. I hit a garbage can though and ripped my mirror off. The only glue that worked for me was JB Weld. I tried a ton of different glues, but the JB Weld is the only thing that has worked so far.
    "A mile of road takes you one mile...A mile of runway takes you anywhere."

i *heart* jb weld.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by UAL Tripple 7
    This exact same thing happened to me when I was backing out of the garage one day. I hit a garbage can though and ripped my mirror off. The only glue that worked for me was JB Weld. I tried a ton of different glues, but the JB Weld is the only thing that has worked so far.
    oo ok i will get some JB weld if this "goop" or whatever brand i got doesnt work lol

if still nothing.. how much are jdm mirrors? :twisted:

haha no.. ill just do my best to reconnect =(