The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Two lights one bulb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 30 of 30
    Quote Originally Posted by Calipso
    This seems like a good site to buy from bergundy2k1, the prices for simple LED bulbs are great as well as ones like turn signals etc. Thanks a bunch for posting this in the open forum.

Calipso I ordered a bulb with I think 20 LED's but I could not install it so I had to give them away. The head of the bulb was too big to fit in the hole ( ok that did not sound right) The switchback bulbs were a tight fit but did work. Their shipping was fast and answered all questions pretty fast. I would buy from them again. I emailed them with my questions and the answered, once I decided to get them they sent me a paypal receipt and the bulbs were at my house in about 2 or 3 days. They also have ebay auctions that you can check out.

Calipso
    Quote Originally Posted by bergundy2k1
    Calipso I ordered a bulb with I think 20 LED's but I could not install it so I had to give them away. The head of the bulb was too big to fit in the hole ( ok that did not sound right) The switchback bulbs were a tight fit but did work. Their shipping was fast and answered all questions pretty fast. I would buy from them again. I emailed them with my questions and the answered, once I decided to get them they sent me a paypal receipt and the bulbs were at my house in about 2 or 3 days. They also have ebay auctions that you can check out.
    That bulb you posted in the original post did look a little big for the hole. I'm probably going to order a smaller one with LED's on the top and side. They are priced very nice. Now I have a question.

What is a good replacement for 2157 bulbs? I know there has to be another bulb size that can fit the application. I've tried 1157's in the past and they don't operate in 2157 sockets. I want to replace my brake lights w/LEDs because I've always hated crappy stock bulbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    was about to order... but it occured to me, do these blink in sync w/ the tails or do they have their own blink rate? let me know before i get them as i may have to go another way if these are not in sync since it would look kind of weird w/ them blinking at a different rate than my mirror led's.
    isn't the blink rate controlled by the flasher/ecu and not by the bulb itself.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    isn't the blink rate controlled by the flasher/ecu and not by the bulb itself.
    was asking because of the way it switches from one filament to the next... if the circuit to the parking filament opens then the signal flashes... there might be a small delay on that switch over and it would be very apperent w/ my mirror led's. i reversed my bright rewire to sync up all my signal lights and don't want to have the fronts doing their own thing...

o anthoer question since i'm working this out mentally, when the signal blinks, do the white led's light up between amber flashes?

Quote Originally Posted by Calipso
    That bulb you posted in the original post did look a little big for the hole. I'm probably going to order a smaller one with LED's on the top and side. They are priced very nice. Now I have a question.

What is a good replacement for 2157 bulbs? I know there has to be another bulb size that can fit the application. I've tried 1157's in the past and they don't operate in 2157 sockets. I want to replace my brake lights w/LEDs because I've always hated crappy stock bulbs.
    The one posted fits perfectly.

Switchback bergundy2k1

I took a short clip during the day, I will do one tonight when i get in.

Experienced TGC Member
    is that at normal speed? and how about at night a clip of it, looks almost like an emergency repsonder blinker...?
    -Chris

looking at the pictures of the bulbs and looking at hte video, it looks like hte bulbs are dual color led's with two prongs. when polarity is reverse on the led's the colors switch between white and amber.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver22
    is that at normal speed? and how about at night a clip of it, looks almost like an emergency repsonder blinker...?
    I have not installed the load equalizers so they blink pretty fast. I am working on th enight pic, I would do it now but I got off late and it is freezing out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12