The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What eclipse parts will fit an 8gen G??

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
    bigsino702

What eclipse parts will fit an 8gen G??

Well I know my Injen CAI says 03 eclipse and was an exact fit on my 02 2.4l Galant. My question is what other mods will mount perfect? Meaning any performance part etc. from springs to maybe even turbos?

Fortunately, the 3rd gen Eclipse is also known as the "Galant Coupe" so the chasis should be compatible for your I4. Suspension components, engine stuff (including forced induction), and certain exhaust system should mount right since it's the base model. In fact, it's even possible to do a maual tranny swap on those suckas. Make sure it's the 2000-2004 model. Good luck.

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    but isn't there one thing from a 2g that fits a 8g? i don't know...but everytime i look into this...i c 1 particular thing from a 2g...cannot remember what though.

The KYB AGX shocks, and Ground Control coilovers for the 3g Eclipse will fit.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(o1naturalhigh)</div><div class='quotemain'>but isn't there one thing from a 2g that fits a 8g? Â*i don't know...but everytime i look into this...i c 1 particular thing from a 2g...cannot remember what though.</div>

the rear lower tie bar
    <a href='http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=22659223' target='_blank'>http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=22659223</a>

midwestgalant
    wont the turbo manifold off the 2G eclipse work??

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(G-spot)</div><div class='quotemain'>Fortunately, the 3rd gen Eclipse is also known as the "Galant Coupe" so the chasis should be compatible for your I4. Suspension components, engine stuff (including forced induction), and certain exhaust system should mount right since it's the base model. In fact, it's even possible to do a maual tranny swap on those suckas. Make sure it's the 2000-2004 model. Good luck.</div>
    :shock: wow a manual tranny swap! humm.......

8ggalant
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(midwestgalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>wont the turbo manifold off the 2G eclipse work??</div>

yes

BluFalcon
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(o1naturalhigh)</div><div class='quotemain'>but isn't there one thing from a 2g that fits a 8g? Â*i don't know...but everytime i look into this...i c 1 particular thing from a 2g...cannot remember what though.</div>

The MAS Filter adaptor and air filter.

bigsino702
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(G-spot)</div><div class='quotemain'>Fortunately, the 3rd gen Eclipse is also known as the "Galant Coupe" so the chasis should be compatible for your I4. Suspension components, engine stuff (including forced induction), and certain exhaust system should mount right since it's the base model. In fact, it's even possible to do a maual tranny swap on those suckas. Make sure it's the 2000-2004 model. Good luck.</div>well im looking for ceramic headers. so any 2000-2004 2.4l eclipse headers will fit perfect?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigsino702)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(G-spot)</div><div class='quotemain'>Fortunately, the 3rd gen Eclipse is also known as the "Galant Coupe" so the chasis should be compatible for your I4. Suspension components, engine stuff (including forced induction), and certain exhaust system should mount right since it's the base model. In fact, it's even possible to do a maual tranny swap on those suckas. Make sure it's the 2000-2004 model. Good luck.</div>well im looking for ceramic headers. so any 2000-2004 2.4l eclipse headers will fit perfect?</div>

correct sire
    <a href='http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=22659223' target='_blank'>http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=22659223</a>

JGMaverick
    Would OBX Racing Headers for the 00-05 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT V6 3.0L fit a 99-01 V6 Galant???

http://www.fuzionetics.com/ebay/new/H0006S_2.jpg

Calipso
    Holy 2 year old post Batman!

JGMaverick
    Quote Originally Posted by Calipso

lol.. I haven't been paying attention to my car for that long.. And now that I have I find out that RIPP is no longer selling their headers, but instead the shorty.. Then I hear something about RIPP selling OBX headers this whole time? I don't know.. I am confused.. So I found those OBX on EBAY..

Quote Originally Posted by Calipso
    believe it or not I was just about to say that. lol
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Calipso
    Quote Originally Posted by JGMaverick
    lol.. I haven't been paying attention to my car for that long.. And now that I have I find out that RIPP is no longer selling their headers, but instead the shorty.. Then I hear something about RIPP selling OBX headers this whole time? I don't know.. I am confused.. So I found those OBX on EBAY..
    Well, RIPP made some outrageous claims. 20hp+ on their headers alone.

Clug3g called BS and proved it.
    Eclipseforums.org jock him and will claim his stuff works great. (Doesn't everyone who gets kickbacks from the company?)

Go onto club3g.com and look up Ripp superchargers. You'll read a WHOLE lot of unhappy people who feel scammed. Nothing wrong with going with OBX headers, they don't make huge false claims as RIPP does.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover
    believe it or not I was just about to say that. lol

Great minds think alike.

Anyone else besides me tired of seeing this question? This topic is so easy to search for newbies. Just going to your specific Generation forums and going through all the postings would give someone a good idea!

Besides, If you ask everyone else for the answers you will end up with all the same ideas as everyone else.
    Don't get me wrong a lot of upgrades are impossible to not duplicate, but be original and put your mind to work. Do a lot of searching and research thats what these forums are good for.

Quote Originally Posted by JGMaverick
    Would OBX Racing Headers for the 00-05 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT V6 3.0L fit a 99-01 V6 Galant???

http://www.fuzionetics.com/ebay/new/H0006S_2.jpg
    if i were you id go ahead and get some CMF headers
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 8gV65spd
    Anyone else besides me tired of seeing this question? This topic is so easy to search for newbies. Just going to your specific Generation forums and going through all the postings would give someone a good idea!

Besides, If you ask everyone else for the answers you will end up with all the same ideas as everyone else.
    Don't get me wrong a lot of upgrades are impossible to not duplicate, but be original and put your mind to work. Do a lot of searching and research thats what these forums are good for.
    Ya I heard that reading is fundamental.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

JGMaverick
    Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22
    if i were you id go ahead and get some CMF headers
    God damn they are expensive..