The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Alternator

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    TGC Regular

Alternator

SO i just got off the phone with Dominick Iraggi! I am going to be placing an order for a 180amp alty for $379. HE said when he receives my payment it will take apprx 3-4 days to build and ship out. SO I am a little excited. I might install the alty myself. Just 1 question how hard is it to change?

What size sockets to I need and how easy is the alty to remove? I know that it can be a pain of the ass the physically take the alter out of the engine bay cuz of the hoses and crap like that....

TGC Regular
    OH and I have an 02 G i4

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    no hoses involved. there should be a screw or bolt that you screw to loosen up ur belt. after that it's plain simple. do it from underneath.

Hmmm $379 for an Alt...? WHat are you running? A sound system on it or what?

TGC Regular
    I am going to be replacing my alty tomorrow. ANybody know what exact tools I need?

Re: Alternator

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekz185
    SO i just got off the phone with Dominick Iraggi! I am going to be placing an order for a 180amp alty for $379. HE said when he receives my payment it will take apprx 3-4 days to build and ship out. SO I am a little excited. I might install the alty myself. Just 1 question how hard is it to change?

What size sockets to I need and how easy is the alty to remove? I know that it can be a pain of the ass the physically take the alter out of the engine bay cuz of the hoses and crap like that....
    I know I have seen higher amperage alternators made for the galant for the same price or cheaper. Try www.mralternator.com

TGC Regular

Re: Alternator

Quote Originally Posted by str8304
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekz185

I know I have seen higher amperage alternators made for the galant for the same price or cheaper. Try www.mralternator.com
    Yo fellas, kinda hold off on ordering from them just yet. I still waiting on a report on their alternators from a member here. OnlyPhases got one of their alternators, and had some problems with it charging problem. This does not mean they made a bad product, it could be an isolated problem. He has a lifetime warranty on it, and has already sent it back, had it repaired and has gotten it back from them. I contacted OnlyPhases, but he hasn't reinstalled it yet. I'll have him post once he reinstalls it. Also I am trying to contact another company that makes high output alternators that are really for GM cars but are supposed to have adapter backets for different domestic and import cars. I've sent them an email but have yet to hear back from them.

[size=18]<span style='color:red'>Don't go with MrAlternator.</span>Good customer service but they do not do the Job that is specified.

Quote Originally Posted by onlyphases
    [size=18]<span style="color:red">Don't go with MrAlternator.</span>Good customer service but they do not do the Job that is specified.
    Update: Alternator crapped out last night. Apparently it had been going down hill for some time now. :shock:

Anyone have any other suggestions for an alternator? My system is weak as it is, and with new additions I know my stock alternotor will crap out.

Currently running a Yellowtop and Redtop battery, and will be powering the following:

Yellowtop: Replaces stock batteries functions, will power CarPC
    Redtop: Powers Air Ride system, will power sound system

Anyone have any suggestions?