The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Silver Galant

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    ewgiii

Silver Galant

Hey, i just got a silver 2002 ES. I know nothing about customizing it. I want to black out the windows, add a spoiler, new head and tail lights, 20 inch wheels, and anything else that will look good. I wanted to ask other Galant owners what they thought looked best on a silver galant. Any suggestions :?:

Echo

Hmmmm...

I'm getting tints early next week. I also want bigger rims but I think anything larger than 19" and you'll have to do some serious mods (according to other more experienced sources here )

I was also thinking spoiler but, in a way, I like the pseudo-bimmer look the flat trunk give.

Just my $0.02.

welcome, yo - got a silver 02 es also -

tint - check what your tint laws are -> whats the legal limit - over here in GA its 35%, but i got 20 and 5% on mine!!! shouldn't have to pay more than $220 for tint including a front strip!!!

spoilers - well u can get a universal spoiler, or a regular GTZ spoiler on ebay for like $200, BUT the universal prices differ!!!

headlights - the only option you have is JDM headlights from the JDM spec Galant over there in JAPAN

Tailights - same thing - they have 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation JDM taillights that all look different and can cost between $350 to $500!!!

DUBS - well, make sure you got some money to do that, cuz you would have to roll th fenderz and some more shit - 19's pushin it, but they look sick on a Galant!!most members on here have between 16" and 18", and a few 19" riderz on here also!! - for 20", be prepared for the big-foot look

on a silver Galant, imo - silver alloy wheels look best, with or w/o tint!!! you can clear your cornerz also, for free, but it takes some time and patience!!! - theres also, body kits, such as the erebuni shogun and 381 or 341 kit ( whatever its called) and the new VIS kit and about 10 others that range from $500 to 1g n a few billz!!! those are just the most popular right now!!! also, you can get a erebuni evo hood carbon fiber or fiberglass (looks sweet) for like $500!!!

much much more w/ performance n looks, but you can browse the site and get some ideas, cuz theres way too much to list!!!

good luck n be safe

Ray-Ray
    Semper Fi'

ewgiii
    What do i do to clear the corners :?: Does anyone have pictures of a silver galant with 19's? I wanted 20's but if it's alot more work and extra money, i'll settle for smaller.

I got silver...with gunmetal 18s and black windows...I get lots of compliments for the dark wheels...they also keep pretty clean...can't see brake dust..
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

oh yeah, i forgot about jason's ride w/ the gunmetal mr-7's - silver looks hot w/ dark tint - matches perfectly

hey jay - aunomi came through, yo - thanks for your help!!

ray
    Semper Fi'

ewgiii
    Jay, do you have any more pictures of your wheels/car? And how dark are your windows :?: 20%? Limo tint :?:

just check his website - i think he has a link - if not - go to the section galant member pictures
    Semper Fi'

Quote Originally Posted by KinGAzteK02LA
    oh yeah, i forgot about jason's ride w/ the gunmetal mr-7's - silver looks hot w/ dark tint - matches perfectly

hey jay - aunomi came through, yo - thanks for your help!!

ray
    no doubt...glad to help a brotha out

2001 Galant ES

escoson
    imo, i think any color rim would look nice on a silver car so do what you wanna do. i have a black 02 es w/ hyper black 18" giovanna nagano's and i get alot of compliments and shit on them. and as for tint. my rear windsheild is double limo, my rear passangers are flat black vinyl(no seeing in or out what so ever) and my front driver/passanger windows are 30%. the only thing ide really worry about it whats the legal limit in yr town or state because out here in nj the cops like to mess with younger people, especialy with mod'd cars. all i can say is just be safe and smart with what you do. have fun and good luck with your car.

escoson...do you have any pics of your car...I wanna see how dark those windows are....and what part of NJ ya from...I live in Staten Island, and work in Jersey City...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ewgiii)</div><div class='quotemain'>Jay, do you have any more pictures of your wheels/car? Â*And how dark are your windows :?: Â*20%? Limo tint :?:</div>

the tint is only 35%...it's not dark enough for me...I want it so you can't see in the front window during the day...I'm thinking about throwing 35% or 20% on top of what I got in the Spring..

2001 Galant ES

yeah, post pics willie esco!! - i wanna take a look at those rear windows w/ that vinyl and that rear windshield w/ the double limo tint!!!

peace be safe

King A
    Semper Fi'

Echo

Hmmm...

Yo JD1! Nice ride!

Those rims are 18"? You drop the car at all and if so, which way did you go- coil overs or springs?

Gettin' tints tomorrow. Can't wait.

Re: Hmmm...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Echo)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yo JD1! Â*Nice ride!

Those rims are 18"? Â*You drop the car at all and if so, which way did you go- coil overs or springs?

Gettin' tints tomorrow. Â*Can't wait.</div>

progress springs 2.o in front ad 1.8in back
    and yup they are 18s...

thanks

2001 Galant ES