The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: swueeking after temp drop and rain.

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    okay so the temperature in illinois has dropped and it has rained twice this week. it rained hard i think it was sunday night, and rained hard today. after sundays rain, the car ran fine, drove it last night even pushed it and it ran great. its about 30* today plus rain so it feels like twenty and i start the car to move it and there is a squeeking sound coming from under the hood. close to the cam gear and valve cover. Its not throwing any codes or anything and I dont think its lifter tick so im pretty stumped. when the car is in idle its loud. when the car is revved up it fades. should i worry about it? does anyone have an idea on what it could be?
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover
    okay so the temperature in illinois has dropped and it has rained twice this week. it rained hard i think it was sunday night, and rained hard today. after sundays rain, the car ran fine, drove it last night even pushed it and it ran great. its about 30* today plus rain so it feels like twenty and i start the car to move it and there is a squeeking sound coming from under the hood. close to the cam gear and valve cover. Its not throwing any codes or anything and I dont think its lifter tick so im pretty stumped. when the car is in idle its loud. when the car is revved up it fades. should i worry about it? does anyone have an idea on what it could be?
    sounds like belt to me....

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    tighten the alt belt

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    just belts tightening up due to ur weather condition.. IDK might wanna check for belt dressings..

yep, definetly a belt. On a side note; it was pretty nice in Chicago last week for Turkey Day. I wish I could ve got up with a few of you guys for a beer or something.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by milo111000
    just belts tightening up due to ur weather condition.. IDK might wanna check for belt dressings..
    No don't use belt dressing. Galants use serpentine belts & that dressing crap is for V-belts.

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkylineG1
    No don't use belt dressing. Galants use serpentine belts & that dressing crap is for V-belts.

is that right??? wow i've always use em belt dressing crap and so far nothing reall has gone bad.. but thanks for the note.. i'll be throwing them away now.. ;-)

I had exactly the same noise, with same details. I bought the dress up and it only worked for about a minute, but at least it revealed where the moise was coming from, which was the belts. So i decided to change them with some brand new Mitsubishi belts, and they changed my timing belt and water pump while they were at it.

Car runs beautiful now
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    nice!

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678