The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Good decision...?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    So I've been looking at both Tein S-Techs and Megan Springs for my 8g. I've come to a conclusion that Megans are more for me do to $$.. wesellcarparts.com has Megans for $103 shipped..Can anyone vouch for them..? Is it a good buy? How long can they last on stock shocks? Thanx!

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    well with any lowering spring your shocks will blow, when? cant realy be determined but wont last long, you should just wait to put them on when you get some new shocks and struts if you dont have the money now.

as for megan, they make quality products, a few members here have them and i havent heard anything bad

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Megan Racing makes good quality products.

I strongly suggest you replace the OEM original struts/shocks with new ones when you upgrade your springs. You will find yourself replacing them anyways if you were to slap on the lowering springs on the originals...they will blow soon after.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

man..I asked the same Jesus forsaken quesion in the suspension forum...lol..well..at least I am not the only one looking at the Megan racing springs..I was wondering about the sdtock struts/shocks as well...I have a GTZ...and I was wondering will they hold up on the GTZ setup..does the suspension setup (struts n shocks) differed greatly from the other models....any answers guys?

I put the S-techs on my stock struts. its been that way for going on a year now with no problems. my car is an 02 with 75K on it. just thought id pipe in.
    2002 Mits Galant ES

Check it out.
    http://www.myspace.com/shaft101

I just put my Megans on 4 days ago on stock struts. Hopefully they last till Febuary. That's when I'll get some KYB/GR-2. But for now they're fine and it the Megans have a great drop to 8g's.

I like mine, and I've been on mine since June...

whats the spring rate on the megans? i know that the teins are like 241 lbs/in up front and 179 in the back. its kind of important as the higher rate will blow stock shocks and struts sooner from being more harsh on the pillow soft setup we were given

just checked, the megans are higher than the teins. they are offering a spring rate of 280 up front and 250 out back. like i said the higher the rate the sooner the blow and thats for the stock setup. now if you have aftermarket struts and shocks then you have much less to worry about as the valving inside is built different and stronger to withstand the pressures of being abused. definately see about getting some shocks before the springs. also try and save a little longer and get the AGX's instead. that way you can make the ride softer if the megans are too stiff. let us know when you get it all done