The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Wheels fitting - 19 size?

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    yourboymikki
    hi guys,

I have `02 galant es model, I am looking to put some rims on it.. Currently i am looking at these 19'' Mille Miglia but i am not sure if they would fit..
    here are some specs.

Rim Material: Alloy Tire Type: Continental
    Rim Width: -- Tire Width: 265
    Rim Diameter (inches): -- Aspect Ratio: 30
    Offset: -- Load Index: --
    Number of Bolts: 5 Speed Index: --
    Bolt Pattern: 5 x 4.50 or 5 x 114.3 DOT: --
    Rim Brand: Mille Miglia Tire Brand: Continental Tires

19'' milli miglia EVO 5 rims for mustang(will fit other cars) w/tires came off a 2000 GT.I had them on my fox mustang(lowered) w/5-lug.They are 5x4.5 2-19x8.5 rims offset 5.75" 2-19x9.5 rims offset 6" These were originaly ordered for a 00 mustang will fit any 94-04 mustang 79-93 if you have 5-lug Continental tires included W/265-30-19 tire 85% front 60% back minor scratches/close up is of the scratch can be touched up/minor If bid goes over 950.00 you'll recieve two free 235-35-19 tires

this seller is on ebay, and the auction is still in progress..

i need to know if they would fit w/o too much modification if yes what all i will have to do in order to put them on i see the tires are way too wide..
    if not is there any other option for 19 to put on.. is there any chrome 19 that will fit nicely and not all chrome out, just sporty looking.. 5 stripes like these ones.

thanks so much guys,

Miralem

Quote Originally Posted by Koncept
    ...They should fit, depending on tire size.
    wrong absolutely wrong. they are a staggerred set (8.5 front, 9.5 rear) and the rear will NOT fit i don't care what you do. and those tires are way too wide. stick to 225 or 235 at the most. foreget that particular set of wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    wrong absolutely wrong. they are a staggerred set (8.5 front, 9.5 rear) and the rear will NOT fit i don't care what you do. and those tires are way too wide. stick to 225 or 235 at the most. foreget that particular set of wheels.
    x2

Even if the lug pattern is the same the offset needs to be correct to even have a chance of fitting.

1995 - 2004 mustangs use a rear wheel drive fitment. 99+ Galants are a front wheel drive fitment.

Sorry I didn't see the staggered fit. Was still a bit tired at the moment.

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    Yes the staggered fit wont work but dude I'm going with a set of 245's next season, granted its on a 16", but I can still fit wider. I think with the proper rim selection you could easily fit a 245 under a galant without them sticking out the side, you'd have to go with a 17" or 18" but if your looking for alot of tire it is possible.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72gearhead
    Yes the staggered fit wont work but dude I'm going with a set of 245's next season, granted its on a 16", but I can still fit wider. I think with the proper rim selection you could easily fit a 245 under a galant without them sticking out the side, you'd have to go with a 17" or 18" but if your looking for alot of tire it is possible.
    of course 245 fit, who said they don't? BILLET is running 245/35zr19 and they fit flush. he is also dropped and kitted and has had his rear fenders cut out. but at the same time, he has a show car and there is almost zero gap. you have a stock suspension (which means your car has at least a 5 inch gap in the fron and a 3 inch gap in the rear. if i raised my car to stock i could get some reall wide negative camber and throw on 300+. using your car as an exmple possible fitament is poor as not everybody is trying to go funtion over form, some of us don't want to emulate open wheeled dune buggy fitament. to the great majority of us, dropping and plus sizing also includes tucking on deep suspension travel. if you were to drop even 1" you would probably rub on anything larger than 235.

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

I understand that I'm just throwing out suggestions if he does want a tire thats as wide as he can fit. Actually on the 225's they do rub on the rear fenders, I need to get them rolled, but a stiffer suspension is what would really cure that.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72gearhead
    I understand that I'm just throwing out suggestions if he does want a tire thats as wide as he can fit. Actually on the 225's they do rub on the rear fenders, I need to get them rolled, but a stiffer suspension is what would really cure that.
    for your purposes since you don't want to lower, u should call groundcontrol and see if they can get you higher spring rate springs at stock height then throw on some KYB AGX adjustables.

btw, we always suggest 225 since 225/40zr18 w/ 18x7.5 +45 has been proven to fit perfect on our cars w/ no rub dropped up to -3.0 inches even camber corrected. going wider than that ususally involves rear fender rolling. so going off that, 225/45zr17 and 225/35zr19 both fit w/o any problems w/ the same width rim and offset.