yes, there have been loads of posts about how the 2000 galant is identical to the 2000 2wd eclipse.

Well i took the forum as word and went ahead and purchased a full kit from Energy Suspension.

HYPER-FLEX SYSTEM Complete Master Bushing Set which includes the front and rear control arm bushings, front and rear sway bar bushings.
Part no 5.18110

I had vacation time left this year so i chose today to install the new kit.

The job started in the rear of the car. Trailing arms, lower control arms and rear swaybar bushings went in as planned.

The problems begin here where the ES kit neglected to include 4 bushings for the upper control arms hence the work in the rear could not be completed.

Now over to the front, the lower control arm was removed and the bushings did not fit. They were too wide and the openning in the bushing was too narrow. After several measurements, I moved on and installed the front sway bar bushings (with new brackets included). This went fine.

All in all having done half the kit in a day is an accomplishment.

But to be honest, instead of spending $150 for the kit, i think i could have been equally as satisfied getting all four sway bar bushings for under $10 from the dealer. The ride felt firmer than stock and much more competent over uneven pavement.

I suppose this was good experience for me to learn how to disassemble my entire suspension, torch bushings, press new ones while checking on my brakes and doing my annual brake cleaning service. All in all, if anyone is interested in sprucing up their suspension, i'd recommend this upgrade, however I wouldnt do recommend this to anyone looking to restore their stock ride and handling. Its clearly overkill. any odd vibrations or looseness in handling can easily be had by checking and replacing (if necessary) the sway bar endlinks and sway bar bushings. Seriously. I had wished someone had given be this advice about my galant but as you read on the forum, many go on about slamming their cars, getting bigger wheels and make the car more than what its really designed for.

anyhow... regardless of what anyone says, not the entire ES kit for the eclipse will fit our 8g galants. If they were meant for the v6 model, it wasnt really clear. my 4 cylinder es was able to handle all of the rear (excluding missing parts, fault on ES) but only the front sway bar bushings on the front.

I hope this helps other galant owners who have considered or will be considering this upgrade.

Best regards... ACTY