The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Car vibrating....why?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28
    well i was told by a mechanic at Mitshu dealership that the mounts are suppose to move back and forth and side to side alittle when reving the engine and all if they were solid that the engine parts would start to crack and give to the strain of being held when they want to move but im no motorhead i dont know just go with what they tell me. Thought one of mine were bad cus of the shaking in my steering wheel turns out it was a bad cable on one of my spark plugs that was arching the spark plug. Steering wheel still shakes alittle but guess just gotta live with that hardly noticable but i pay attention to stuff like that nothing like a smooth ride.
    "I will make them remember my name 100 years from now"

Quote Originally Posted by Bigshot
    well i was told by a mechanic at Mitshu dealership that the mounts are suppose to move back and forth and side to side alittle when reving the engine and all if they were solid that the engine parts would start to crack and give to the strain of being held when they want to move but im no motorhead i dont know just go with what they tell me. Thought one of mine were bad cus of the shaking in my steering wheel turns out it was a bad cable on one of my spark plugs that was arching the spark plug. Steering wheel still shakes alittle but guess just gotta live with that hardly noticable but i pay attention to stuff like that nothing like a smooth ride.
    i had that happen to me once, didn't connect the wire to plug well enough and it was shuttering.
    2003 ES 2.4L - 150k - Stock
    tranny flush, timing belt, tensioner replacement at 80k

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Ya fucking up the plug wires could set your timing off and cause vibrations.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Quote Originally Posted by Bigshot
    if the mounts were solid metal, that will happen but with the aftermarket urethane mounts they sell, you won't have any problems, those mounts do make things stiff but do allow some movement. if anything were to fail with things being so stiff, the mount itself would break long before you shake your engine to pieces.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

and i was told all mitsubishi vibrate over time. hehe

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

No not even a solid mount to the frame will do any engine damage, they use the soft mounts because people dont like being bucked around at a stoplight, which is also the reason they dont use real aggressive cams either, most people like smooth. I happen to be one of those who is disgusted by to smooth of ride but whatever thats what the aftermarkets for. Adding polyurathane engine mounts will only increase throttle response byt sacrificing the dampening function of the engine torque mounts.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

I am happy to report after my visit to my mechanic that the timing was correct, but the balancer was off 270 degrees. EEEK.

anyhow the car does not vibrate violently any more when at standstill but it is still a vibrates more than what i am used to in my other cars. Definitely check the timing markings on the crankshaft and all. three markings in all.

thanks galantforum for the heads up on this.

mine is at the shop now getting them done as we speak. i went there yesterday to check up on things and the rear trans mount is definitely the worst. it is missing alot of the rubber inside, no wonder it shook violently when in drive. i cant wait to get it back and see how smooth it will idle :D

2011 Camry- 202 miles- just picked up 9/10/10
    2008 Pontiac G6- 26,065 miles- traded in
    1999 Galant ES- 91,846 miles- long gone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12