The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 95 galant bushings questions

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

95 galant bushings questions

i have recently started in on my suspension and needed to get a special ball joint seperator tool to get a couple things apart, but i ripped the bushing ?boot? in the process. now the dealership is telling me that the bushings are sealed and the whole assemblies need to be replaced.

are the bushings on the lower control arm and sway bar links pressed or sealed.

i looked for about a half hour for info on this so if this is a repost, my appologies

Re: 95 galant bushings questions

Quote Originally Posted by dienekes1982
    i have recently started in on my suspension and needed to get a special ball joint seperator tool to get a couple things apart, but i ripped the bushing ?boot? in the process. now the dealership is telling me that the bushings are sealed and the whole assemblies need to be replaced.

are the bushings on the lower control arm and sway bar links pressed or sealed.

i looked for about a half hour for info on this so if this is a repost, my appologies
    they are pressed in,
    you won't be able to fiund the ball joint by itself.
    this is a key part too, as its been a saftey recal on galants...
    if that boot tears and water annd dust get in there...
    its not long before the ball joint will overheat, fatigue, and seperate...
    i can off the top of my head count 4 members on here now that have had lower ball joint failures.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

so should i go to the dealership anyways and get them replaced as it has a recall on them?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Have them run your VIN, they shoudl be able to tell if the recall has been done. If it hasnt been done, it should be free. My lower ball joint failed or came loose or something, not fun!
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    and if you cant get the recall done, holla at me with a pm cuz i stock those parts out the ass.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

thanks for the heads up, i will let you know how it turns out once i get my car down from the 4 jackstands its on now and get it back over to the dealership.